Burr and Burton Academy
- Burr and Burton Academy is an independent, coeducational New England secondary school that serves as the school of choice for students from Manchester and several surrounding communities.
- Burr and Burton is committed to educating students of diverse backgrounds and talents in a warm and caring environment that encourages excellence and community.
- Burr and Burton offers a broad and challenging curriculum that seeks a balance between science and the liberal arts.
- Faculty members strive to instill in their students a love of lifelong learning through their examples and their guidance.
- The school actively promotes good citizenship, personal responsibility, and service to the wider community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||665 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Burr and Burton Academy`s mission is to educate students intellectually and morally for a life of responsibility, integrity and service. 665 students and an average class size of 18. College matriculation rate of over 80 percent. SAT scores 122 points higher than the national average. 85 percent extracurricular participation rate. 12 AP courses. 60 percent participate in 16 sports, with two JV teams for virtually every varsity team. The Performing Arts Department offers over a dozen major performance opportunities a year. Over 50 international students from Europe, Asia and South America. A new Mountain Campus lets students immerse themselves in environmental studies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Mills Grades: 9-12 | 418 students
231 Woodland Beach Rd
Lake Mills, WI 53551
(920)648-2321 797.7 9-12
- Manchester Center Grades: K-8 | 120 students
322 Maple St
Manchester Center, VT 05255
(802)362-7137 1.1 K-8
- Bondville Grades: PK-8 | 66 students
9 School St
Bondville, VT 05340
(802)297-2662 9.6 PK-8
- South Burlington Grades: 9-12 | 417 students
99 Proctor Avenue
South Burlington, VT 05403
(802)862-6521 89.4 9-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.