Calvary Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of Calvary Christian School is to develop, with the family, a partnership that provides an affordable, Christ-centered, biblically consistent education that instills the vision and practice of Christian excellence in all areas of life, including academics, character development and service to others.
- God has greatly blessed the ministry of Calvary Christian School and we thank Him for allowing us the privilege these past 29 years to be involved in the education of young people for the Glory of God.
- At CCS teaching is viewed as a ministry; not just a job.
- As a result, our teachers take a special interest in the needs of individual students and strive to help each one reach their full potential in Christ.
- The staff and faculty of Calvary Christian School are well qualified both spiritually and academically to meet the needs of our students.
- Our emphasis is on excellence in academics as well as Christian values.
- In a process of continued development our staff pursues the highest level of competence in their field.
- A commitment to excellence and a desire to serve equips them to deal with your child's educational needs.
- Calvary Christian School is an intergral part of Calvary Baptist Church.
- The philosophy and direction of the school is provided by the church.
- The pastor of the church, John McDonald, is the Administrator of the school.
- The school principal is on the church pastoral staff and functions under the pastoral leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,500|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple student discounts.|
National avg.: 85%
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Canon CityGrades: KG-8 | 15 students
3180 E Main St
Canon City, CO 81212
WestcliffeGrades: 2-12 | 11 students
Po Box 565
Westcliffe, CO 81252
PuebloGrades: K-5 | 162 students
434 S Conquistador Ave
Pueblo, CO 81007
PuebloGrades: PK-12 | 67 students
Po Box 8147
Pueblo, CO 81008
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 162 students
1601 Mesa Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
This is a small school with a hugh heart. The student is viewed as a soul created by God for His eternal purposes. The teachers ARE qualified, evidenced by my daughter's scoring 3-4 years above grade level on her last 10 SAT tests. A warm, secure environment. Quiet, controlled environment conducive to learning. They use the tried and true A Beka curriculum. This staff, at great sacrifice, give of themselves in the teaching of these children every day. This is a wonderful school!!!
- Posted by Parent - jandj
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?