Camellia Waldorf School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Camellia Waldorf School Photo #2 - Wildflower is an outdoor-based program, and will be a three-day offering on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30am until 12:30pm. Families will meet at the covered shelter space on campus each morning to drop their children off. Nap care will be available.
Camellia Waldorf School Photo #3 - Celebration of the festivals throughout the year provide rich nourishment for our inner selves and an opportunity to socialize with other CWS families. http://camelliawaldorf.org/about-camellia/festivals-2/
Camellia Waldorf School Photo #5 - School field trips are a core part of our education. The locations of these trips vary from year-to-year but follow general themes; the descriptions below are from recent years. All classes also engage in local curricular trips throughout the year that correspond to the current topic of study.
- Camellia Waldorf School provides a spiritually enriching Waldorf education with a strong academic foundation.
- Camellia Waldorf School provides a developmentally appropriate curriculum, encourages appreciation for the natural world and all cultures, integrates the arts with academics instills a sense of responsibility, respect, and love for learning.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,478|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available, visit our website to learn how it works http://camelliawaldorf.org/admissions/tuition-assistance/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sidonie Ospina|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, SoccerArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, handwork, Strings Ensemble, Woodworking
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Soccer Club, Track Club, Unicycle Club
- Camellia Waldorf School provides a spiritually enriching Waldorf education with a strong academic foundation. Camellia Waldorf School provides a developmentally appropriate curriculum, encourages appreciation for the natural world and all cultures, integrates the arts with academics instills a sense of responsibility, respect, and love for learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyde Park Grades: PK-K | 21 students
17 Crum Elbow Rd
Hyde Park, NY 12538
(845)229-4668 2494.2 PK-K
- Poughkeepsie Grades: 6-12 | 127 students
22 Spackenkill Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
(845)462-4200 2495.3 6-12
Camellia Waldorf School is a wonderful school, truly a special place. It's been an amazing place for my two daughters, who are both thriving, with the older one now in high school and excelling.
- Posted by Parent - Deniz
We have been at Camellia Waldorf School since 2010. I have three children, each of them very different from the other. CWS has been able to serve each one of them, in very unique ways. Beyond blessed to have found this school!
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.