- Saint Louis Cathedral Academy is a Catholic elementary school committed to enriching the lives of young people through a faith-filled learning experience.
- The Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia administer and teach at the school, providing a unique Catholic spirit to the atmosphere.
- The students at Cathedral Academy are presented with the truths of the Catholic faith in daily religion classes.
- In addition, they are given an opportunity to grow in their spiritual life through prayer and other rich traditions.
- Living a life of virtue and Christian charity is emphasized in all areas of their behavior.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Grades: PK-12 | 977 students
1903 Jefferson Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504)896-6322 3.4 PK-12
- New Orleans Grades: NS-8 | 196 students
1020 N Prieur St
New Orleans, LA 70116
(504)822-8191 0.7 NS-8
- New Orleans Grades: NS-12 | 756 students
4521 Saint Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504)891-1943 3.2 NS-12
- New Orleans Grades: PK-8 | 115 students
13123 I-10 Service Rd
New Orleans, LA 70128
(504)246-5121 9.5 PK-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.