Cathedral Baptist School
Tel: (815) 874-3883
Cathedral Baptist School is located on the south side of Rockford.
Cathedral Baptist School offers Pre-K3 to 12th grade. Our focus is to provide an excellent Christian education in a safe, clean and caring environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||For more information, see school website-- www.cathedralbaptistschool.com|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See school website www.cathedralbaptistschool.com|
|Admissions Director||Kari Freeman|
|Admissions Associate||Ben Ratze|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band Program, Drama productions, IACS Fine Arts Competitions, Music class, Piano Lessons, sign language classes
- Vision Statement
- To advance a Christian school of excellence through Biblical education so that the generations to come will know the truth of God`s Word and not forget His works, nor be taken captive by the vain philosophies of their day.
- Mission Statement
- In pursuit of excellence in education, the mission statement of Cathedral Baptist School is:To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace Biblical truth, strive for academic excellence and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches and communities for Christ.
- Core Values
- In order to successfully fulfill this mission, Cathedral Baptist School will give priority to seven core values. Each core value must have operating principles that will allow CBS to put these core values into everyday practice in every aspect of its educational program.Bible, Christ-likeness, Christian Family, Church, Excellence in Education, Service, Stewardship
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 281 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
(815) 399-8823 6.1 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.