Catholic Academy West Buffalo
- The Catholic Academy of West Buffalo is a regional school, established in 1988, and comprised of eleven member parishes.
- The Catholic Academy of West Buffalo is a Roman Catholic Educational Community with Catholic Doctrine and values as the base of its curriculum and enviroment.
- Its mission is to provide a high quality of education in this tradition.
- With this mission in mind, all dimensions of the school (administration, faculty, students and families) make every effort to bring to life the following: a deep reverence for the unique giftedness of each person; an appreciation of the tradition of each ethnic culture and encouragement for unity in the diversity of this culture; an environment that provides character development and responsible citizenship; a policy of effective social action which is intended to bring about peace and justice in the larger community; and an atmosphere of stability in a world of chaos and confusion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: 1-9 | 66 students
120 Alexander Ave
Buffalo, NY 14211
(716) 828-7956 3.9 1-9
- Buffalo Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
263 Claremont Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14223
(716) 836-6360 4.1 PK-8
- Buffalo Grades: PK-8 | 298 students
104 New Amsterdam Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716) 877-5035 2.1 PK-8
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 538 students
135 Cleveland Ave
Buffalo, NY 14222
(716) 881-6262 0.4 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: NS-12 | 37 students
3325 Genesee St
Buffalo, NY 14225
(716) 632-6084 5.4 NS-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.