Cedar River Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (425) 271-9614
To submit an admissions inquiry to the Director of Admissions directly, visit cedarrivermontessori.org and submit an inquiry in the lower left hand corner of our main page. Located on 12 acres of forested wetland and pasture, Cedar River Montessori is a private, independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3) Montessori school for students ages 3 through middle school in Renton, WA. Cedar River Montessori School fosters the innate curiosity of the child, presenting learning experiences that cultivate independent, creative thinkers who continuously build their understanding of themselves and the world around them..
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Early childhood full-time - $11,250 Lower Elementary - $11,450 Upper Elementary- $11,650 Middle School - $11,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melinda Woodard|
|Admissions Associate||CRMS Info|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||according to student interest, arts, Music, sports|
- CRMS serves 130 students ages 3- 14 (8th grade).
- We have three primary-level classes (ages 3 - kindergarten). Each class has 20 students and two adults.
- We have two lower elementary classes with 37 students total (grades 1-3) with two teachers and two assistants.
- We have an upper elementary class of 20 students with a teacher and an assistant.
- We have a middle school program with room for 16 students in grades 7-8
- We are located 3 miles east of I-405 off the Maple Valley highway and our students come from Renton, Seattle, Kent, Maple Valley, Issaquah, and surrounding communities.
- We are a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Renton Grades: PK-K | 30 students
1707 Edmonds Ave Se
Renton, WA 98058
(425) 793-3027 2.7 PK-K
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 538 students
15717 152nd Avenue SE
Renton, WA 98058
(425) 226-0820 0.6 PK-8
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425) 255-0059 4 PK-8
I love this school, it has a wonderful community of parents, teachers, and children. My son is so happy here and the students are kind, thoughtful, and caring.
- Posted by Parent - lelio
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.