Grades students create their own beautifully handwritten and illustrated main lesson books. Established in 1989, CSWS is a fully accredited Waldorf School.
Music instruction is an important aspect of the Waldorf curriculum. Stringed instrument instruction begins in Grade 4.
Located off of El Dorado Road near its intersection with Motherlode Drive, just minutes from Highway 50.
- Cedar Springs Waldorf is a fully accredited Waldorf school and we have been serving El Dorado county families for 25 years.
- Cedar Springs Waldorf school provides a rich comprehensive education to children Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- We also have a unique weekly program for parents to attend with their children from birth to age 3.
- Waldorf Education began in 1919 and is one of the largest independent education movements in the world.
- A Waldorf Education is based on child development. Academics as well as supporting activities such as music, art, handwork, workwork, and sports are brought to children when they are developmentally ready to take-up the work.
- Academics begin in earnest at age 7, prior to that time, the focus is play, imagination, and socialization.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our current tuition rates on our school's website.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- A Waldorf Education is based on child development. Academics as well as supporting activities such as music, art, handwork, workwork, and sports are brought to children when they are developmentally ready to take-up the work. Academics begin in earnest at age 7, prior to that time, the focus is play, imagination, and socialization.
- Our vision is to provide a Waldorf education that nurtures and develops each child’s mind, body and spirit through imagination, creativity, academic excellence, independent thinking and an enthusiasm for life.
- Please visit our website for more detailed information. Email or call for a personal tour.
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
Outstanding academics combined with true community at Cedar Springs Waldorf. I was extremely skeptical of the Waldorf approach to education, but was willing to accept the examples of stand out academic results from alumni that the school provided when making the decision to have my children at Cedar Springs. Since having one child graduate (Senior at Union Mine HS) and the other entering 7th, I don't believe there would have been a better experience for our family and result on many levels for our children anywhere else. The environment, campus, community support and individualized child development are the cornerstones of the Cedar Springs experience, simply outstanding.
- Posted by Parent - aanda
"A love of learning that lasts a life time" Each day my children's teachers amaze me in the ways they insure that "learning" is full of joy and excitement, what an incredible gift.
- Posted by Parent - annie
You know you''re in the right place when your kid wants to go to school on the weekends! The teachers are warm, understanding, aware, and so nurturing. Our experience in the early childhood program has absolutely changes our lives for the better. Our son's imagination has just exploded since coming here. He is happier, healthier, and we are too.
- Posted by Parent - lacey
Sending our children to Cedar Springs Waldorf was the best investment we made as parents. Our children both began in Pre-K at Cedar Springs and have truly benefited as students and human beings from the enriched education and approach. Our son who graduated from CSWS is now thriving as a junior at El Dorado High School, achieving academic honors and participating on the county-wide Robotics Team. The Waldorf approach of waiting to introduce technology until the children are older has been a gift to both of our children who spent more of their childhoods reading books, doing creative activities and playing nature, rather than in front of a screen. The Waldorf approach actually seemed to better prepare our son for academics and technology. His capacity for problem solving and imagination developed at Waldorf enhanced his capacity for robotics and other academic subjects and technology. We would highly recommend Waldorf and Cedar Springs, in particular.
- Posted by Parent - lynn.
We cannot imagine a better place for our children to be. Cedar Springs is like home. We love the community of people, the faculty and, of course, the exceptional education our three children are receiving. We strongly believe education should support mind and body development. Waldorf accomplishes this utilizing their developmental based theories and by respecting each child in their education process. Our children are growing not only with knowledge, but with the love of knowledge. We know that they are better people for the experiences they are receiving here at Cedar Springs.
- Posted by Parent - lynnm
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.