Ghs Academy- Golden Hills School
- Golden Hills School Mission Statement "Golden Hills School is a close, diverse community dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering each child to achieve his or her personal best.
- We provide an enriched educational environment that fosters a culture of integrity, respect and service to others.
- With high standards in academics and character development, we prepare students to be confident and successful global citizens.".
Ghs Academy- Golden Hills School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,150|
|Tuition Notes||Jr. Kindergarten tuition = $535/ 10 months (5 half days/week) K to 5th Grades tuition = $9,150 6th to 8th Grades tuition = $9,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Welcome to Golden Hills School (GHS). We are a special
place that inspires and empowers every child to achieve his or her
Founded in1992 as a one-room school house, GHS has grown into a Jr. Kindergarten through 8th grade school, accredited by both the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). GHS is also a proud member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Our students, teachers, and parents form a close, educational community who work as partners to develop each child`s full potential.
GHS is consistently voted the Best Private School in our area and we are especially known for:
- Our small class sizes with experienced, caring and credentialed faculty that get to know every child in school and offer a personalized education that inspires each child`s full potential
- Our integrated, values-based character and leadership development programs that address the "whole child" and build confident and thoughtful graduates and citizens
- Complete Athletics program, Daily P.E., weekly Art, Music and Computer Science classes, and a comprehensive Spanish program from K to 8th grade
- Secure and well-equipped facilities including a technology lab, art and music studios, gymnasium, athletic field, a Learning Garden, and two playgrounds
- A welcoming and diverse community with active parent participation that supports strong "educational partnerships" for student education
A complete education from GHS develops students of character and integrity who are confident and academically well-prepared for the most challenging high school programs and for successful lives in the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shingle Springs Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
3800 North Shingle Road
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
(530) 672-6657 7.6 PK-12
- El Dorado Hills Grades: K-8 | 279 students
3115 Tierra De Dios Drive
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
(530) 677-3591 3 K-8
Our kids have been at GHS for several years now and the school just continues to get better. The new Head of School is incredibly dedicated and very experienced in private school education. She and the other administrators as well as the teachers care so deeply about all of the kids. With one small class per grade of about 20-22 kids, each teacher has really gotten to know my children and they personnally work to ensure their success. The community is great and the facilities are wonderful. It's kind of a hidden gem in the Latrobe Business Park, but we love it. It's just a safe, warm and inviting place where the kids can really flourish. I highly recommend visiting if you are looking at private schools. Just wait until you see how polite and well-mannered the kids are there and you will know why we have kept our kids there throughout elementary and we plan to continue all the way through eighth grade.
- Posted by Parent - spcol
GHS is the best private school in the area. High academic standards and a well rounded curriculum. The teachers are very caring and will go the extra mile for your child if needed. Our child has attended other private schools in the area and after returning to GHS we could not be happier. It has given us the opportunity to really appreciate the administration and teachers including Ms. Mirhaj who has been instrumental in creating a stable, enjoyable and caring atmosphere that is academically challenging on all levels.
- Posted by Parent - chris
My daughter is in middle school and this is her second year at Golden Hills. She loves it! The campus is much nicer than the prior private school she attend and the teachers have all been excellent. I highly recommend it. Also the children are all well mannered and polite.
- Posted by Parent - dlkin
Our family loves GHS for its small, welcoming, comfortable environment that is encouraging and challenging for my two children. Even though my kids are young, the buddy system has really immersed them into whole school community - students and teachers of every grade know my kids as they move around campus throughout the day. My kids are receiving great instruction in the core subjects as well as spanish, music and technology. My kids are excited about what they are learning and eager to return to school each day. They are making great friendships, and I am too.
- Posted by Parent - titus
My kids love this school! I have 1 in elementary and 1 in middle school, we have been here 3 years, and we have had a wonderful experience. The close-knit environment welcomed our family when we moved to the area, my kids have had great teachers, and we h ave made wonderful family friends. The academics are strong, there are a lot of extracurricular activities, and the environment allows kids to develop into solid human beings without the peer pressure, bullying and cliques you would see in the overcrowded public schools.
- Posted by Parent - bbuat
The GHS students and parents are wonderful and committed to academics, character, and family. The class sizes are small and the teachers, as well as the administration know my child.
- Posted by Parent - krp