Country Day Montessori
- Country Day Montessori recognizes that children have the right to the best education and care that a society can offer.
- CDM encourages independent, self-directed learning for life in a child-centered community valuing peace, respect for others, and pride in individual differences.
- The school provides Montessori education and the world of the Montessori child is further expanded through experiences in art, music, history, geography and science.
- Again, learning in these areas takes place through the use of beautiful materials, which are concrete in nature and manipulated by the child.
- Our movement program consists of activities done on a low balance beam, going under, around, and through geometric shapes set up in an obstacle course, learning how to skip, learning how to throw and catch a ball, and learning how to toss bean bags.
- These and many more activities enable children to develop coordination.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shingle Springs Grades: PK-8 | 148 students
3800 North Shingle Road
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
(530)672-6657 4.2 PK-8
- Placerville Grades: 2-12 | 28 students
4300 Forni Rd
Placerville, CA 95619
(530)626-3106 4.7 2-12
- Rescue Grades: K-2 | 28 students
3498 Green Valley Rd
Rescue, CA 95672
(530)676-4110 5 K-2
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.