First Friends Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- First Friends Montessori has been in business for 18 years in Placerville this fall.
- They attribute their success to all the wonderful families and children who have helped make it grow.
- The school is a private preschool serving infants through 6 years Of age.
- We offer preschool, school day and Fullday programs. The Montessori curriculum includes study areas in Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, and Cultural Studies.
- The main object of Montessori Education is to develop Order, Coordination, Concentration and Independence.
- The materials in the classroom are all hands on materials developed by Maria Montessori.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Placerville Grades: 3-12 | 41 students
670 Placerville Dr Ste 1b
Placerville, CA 95667
(530)644-2412 1.7 3-12
- Placerville Grades: PK-1 | 28 students
2771 Spear St.
Placerville, CA 95667
(530)626-1202 5.3 PK-1
Our experience at First Friends Montessori has exceeded expectations. My son has attended this school for the past two years and is now more than ready to start his journey as a Kindergartner. The curriculum taught allows each student to grow at their own pace, while also providing the structure needed at this age. There are no words to describe the excellence of the teachers. They're compassionate and sincerely care about each child there! We are going to miss this school and couldn't recommend it highly enough! You won't be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - Janelle Montgomery
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.