CELC Middle School
- Grades: 4-8
- Students: 25 students
- Yearly Tuition: $23,950
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- With a 6:1 student:teacher ratio, CELC provides personalizedinstruction both in the classroom and outside of the classroom in acomplete range of subject areas. Our methodology of employing inand out of classroom instruction in a multidisciplinary, hands-onprogram engages and motivates our students to achieve results tha tare transformational to each student`s life.
- CT Experiential Learning Center (CELC) MIddle School provides an energizing, personalized, and significant middle school experience for each student. Small in size, lasting in impact, CELC prides itself on teaching the value of being productive members ofthe local community and constructive citizens of the world.
- In keeping with the best practices for adolescent learners, considerable attention is given to connecting individual curricularareas to overarching themes. Students explore essential questions that unite broad areas of knowledge, relate historical concepts andtrends to current events and their own experiences, refine theirresearch and writing skills and have opportunities to work bothindependently and cooperatively. Math, Science, Language Arts, U.S.History and Current Events are integrated with, and enriched by,the curriculum in the areas of Environmental Studies and Leadership Training, Peace Studies, Music, Art, Drama, Cooking and Service Learning.
- Through the outdoor education program, students are encouraged to extend beyond their personal comfort levels in a demanding yet supportive environment. Hiking, backpacking, skiing, kayaking, andoutdoor survival training provide opportunities to utilize newfound skills and levels of assuredness.
- Faculty and guests artists bring expertise in diverse areas, designed to broaden a student`s perspective and understanding.
- The intention of CELC is to challenge students and nurturetheir highest potential. By providing a community based in theguiding principles of integrity and individual learning, the innate desires of all children to learn, grow, communicate and create are honored.
- To schedule a visit or for more information, email mandm@CTExperiential.org
- Visit us online www.CTExperiential.org.
Endorse CELC Middle School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards