- The purpose of the Center Montessori School is to educate children by subordinating teaching to learning so that children are empowered to continue to educate themselves throughout their lifetimes.
- We strive to provide intellectually stimulating, unlimited learning opportunities in a physically and emotionally safe environment, respectful of the whole child, so that the child may become academically advanced, culturally enriched, socially adept, emotionally secure, and physically fit according to the child's potential.
- The school seeks to develop competent social skills within the children by teaching them strategies for solving problems.
- Children are encouraged to dialogue with each other in order to express their feelings and to deal with interpersonal issues.
- They are guided by teachers who are interested in preserving the children's self-esteem and in helping them become self-disciplined.
- Our Montessori elementary education program takes into account the child's growing transformation from one who learns through concrete examples to one who can learn from and make abstractions.
- Consequently, one finds an array of educational hands-on materials, sequenced and structured to guide the child through the passage from the concrete to the abstract.
- These materials span lessons of language, mathematics, and cultural subjects.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mara Fulk|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Peterson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art, After School Spanish, Ballet, Individual tutoring, Jazz Band, Kinder gym, Math Counts, Running Club, Tumbling Ballet, Jazz Band, Kinder gym, Math Counts, Running Club, Tumbling, After School Art,
After School Spanish,
- Work at their highest level possible. We set the minimum, the child sets the maximum!
- Work in multi age group settings which both motivates younger children to try to achieve what older kids are working on and solidifies what older children have already learned as they have opportunities to help younger children.
- Individual Teaching
- independence, concentration, self-motivation and responsibility
- gross and fine motor control and coordination
- foundations for success in language, writing, reading, and math
In our elementary program, children take an active
responsibility in their learning by exercising work choices within
the scope of curriculum.
The elementary curriculum includes:
- Physical Science
- Reading & Writing
- Public Speaking
- Art and Art History
- Physical Education
Our well-rounded program provides rigorous intellectual stimulation and enables children to develop skills necessary for high school and life such as:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Independent working
- Cooperative group work skills
- Personal reflection and self knowledge
- Commitment to community
The middle school builds upon the elementary curriculum and includes:
- Mathematics Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry
- Physical Education
- Art History
- Operating a business
- Career Education
- Life Science
- Band and Jazz Band
- Computer Education
- Community Service
- Public Speaking and Speech Presentation Skills
Profile last updated: 08/12/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BradentonGrades: PK-5 | 125 students
1323 63rd Avenue E
Bradenton, FL 34203
BradentonGrades: PK-8 | 110 students
4455 30th Street, East
Bradenton, FL 34203
BradentonGrades: PK-12 | 24 students
1218 7th Ave. E.
Bradenton, FL 34208
BradentonGrades: PK-12 | 660 students
315 41st St. W.
Bradenton, FL 34209
BradentonGrades: PK-5 | 23 students
2425 38th Avenue W
Bradenton, FL 34205
My daughter attended the Center Montessori School from 3 years-14 years where she has now entered an advanced program at MHS. The center prepared her academically in advanced studies. She loved the Art, Jazz Band, Chorus, and all other activities provided of the Center. All of the Teachers truely empower the children enabling them to grow into responsible young adults who "know who they are". They are grounded, well rounded human beings. Thank you, Center Montessori School
- Posted by Parent - cwood