Center Montessori School
- The purpose of the Center Montessori School is to educate children by subordinating teaching to learning so that children are empowered to continue to educate themselves throughout their lifetimes.
- We strive to provide intellectually stimulating, unlimited learning opportunities in a physically and emotionally safe environment, respectful of the whole child, so that the child may become academically advanced, culturally enriched, socially adept, emotionally secure, and physically fit according to the child's potential.
- The school seeks to develop competent social skills within the children by teaching them strategies for solving problems.
- Children are encouraged to dialogue with each other in order to express their feelings and to deal with interpersonal issues.
- They are guided by teachers who are interested in preserving the children's self-esteem and in helping them become self-disciplined.
- Our Montessori elementary education program takes into account the child's growing transformation from one who learns through concrete examples to one who can learn from and make abstractions.
- Consequently, one finds an array of educational hands-on materials, sequenced and structured to guide the child through the passage from the concrete to the abstract.
- These materials span lessons of language, mathematics, and cultural subjects.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,825|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mara Fulk|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Peterson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Art, After School Spanish, Ballet, Individual tutoring, Jazz Band, Kinder gym, Math Counts, Running Club, Tumbling|
- Work at their highest level possible. We set the minimum, the child sets the maximum!
- Work in multi age group settings which both motivates younger children to try to achieve what older kids are working on and solidifies what older children have already learned as they have opportunities to help younger children.
- Individual Teaching
- independence, concentration, self-motivation and responsibility
- gross and fine motor control and coordination
- foundations for success in language, writing, reading, and math
In our elementary program, children take an active
responsibility in their learning by exercising work choices within
the scope of curriculum.
The elementary curriculum includes:
- Physical Science
- Reading & Writing
- Public Speaking
- Art and Art History
- Physical Education
Our well-rounded program provides rigorous intellectual stimulation and enables children to develop skills necessary for high school and life such as:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Independent working
- Cooperative group work skills
- Personal reflection and self knowledge
- Commitment to community
The middle school builds upon the elementary curriculum and includes:
- Mathematics Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry
- Physical Education
- Art History
- Operating a business
- Career Education
- Life Science
- Band and Jazz Band
- Computer Education
- Community Service
- Public Speaking and Speech Presentation Skills
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bradenton Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
1323 63rd Avenue E
Bradenton, FL 34203
(941)755-1757 2.5 PK-5
- Bradenton Grades: NS-8 | 77 students
1616 59th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34209
(941)792-7911 4.1 NS-8
- Bradenton Grades: PK-8 | 110 students
4455 30th Street, East
Bradenton, FL 34203
(941)746-6562 4.3 PK-8
- Bradenton Grades: PK-12 | 356 students
5500 18th Street E
Bradenton, FL 34203
(941)756-8748 2.9 PK-12
Two of our children started the Center for Education in Primary, at the age of three. Our third child will begin this fall. We can`t say enough wonderful things about this school. The teachers and administration have such a loving way with the children and treat them with so much respect. They are all highly educated and many of them have been at the school 10+ years. It`s like a big family. Since the children are in the same class for three years before moving on, you really form bonds with the teachers and fellow parents. It helps with communication too because the teachers really get to know your child. We continue to learn about the Montessori Method from the teachers and administration at the Center. They offer workshops and classes for parents as well as send home literature for us to read that offers tips to work thru common parenting struggles in loving and respectful ways. I love watching the teachers interact and communicate with the children. I`m always amazed watching the Primary teachers and how quickly they can diffuse a power struggle or calm a child. The teachers are always so gentle and loving in the way they talk with the children. You can tell they really love teaching. We also love that each child works at their own pace and there is no limit on how much a child can learn. The teachers continue to create individual work plans throughout the year to challenge each child. We were so impressed this year when we witnessed all the third graders presenting their puzzle maps of countries from all over the world. To know that our eight year old can identify where all the states (and capitals) are in the U.S., and several of the countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America amazed us. What a gift these teachers have given our children. They love to learn and the Center for Education makes it so much fun!We love the Montessori way and the hands on curriculum. The children are educated on different cultures and traditions and it not only makes them aware but helps them appreciate differences in others. They learn how to problem solve with each other, talk about their concerns in class meetings, and they`re given freedom to learn in a fun way. Beginning in first grade, they have academic requirements they must meet each day, but they learn to manage their time and have the freedom to complete their tasks by moving around the room rather than being confined to a desk. They even have the opportunity to work with others to complete some assignments, recognizing the need for socialization at this age. We love that the Center for Education focuses on developing the whole child socially, physically, emotionally and cognitively. They are always focused on "what is best for the child."This school and the education our children are receiving is one of the best gifts we can ever give them. Thank you Center Montessori School!
- Posted by Parent - Crystal Burkhart
My daughter attended the Center Montessori School from 3 years-14 years where she has now entered an advanced program at MHS. The center prepared her academically in advanced studies. She loved the Art, Jazz Band, Chorus, and all other activities provided of the Center. All of the Teachers truely empower the children enabling them to grow into responsible young adults who "know who they are". They are grounded, well rounded human beings. Thank you, Center Montessori School
- Posted by Parent - cwood