Chapel Haven Schleifer Center
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 12
- Students: 205 students
- Yearly Tuition: $70,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Best Buddies, Book Club, Mindfulness Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- REACH (Residential Education at Chapel Haven) - The REACH program, based in New Haven, Connecticut, serves adults 18+ with mild developmental disabilities and autism. Adults live in apartment-style residences on the Chapel Haven campus and participate in an intensive 24-month life skills program. Adults learn to negotiate all aspects of independent living, learn from a functional academic curriculum, determine career and vocational goals, participate in recreation with friends, develop social communicative competency and improve health and wellness. Upon graduation, 85% of adults choose to continue living in the Chapel Haven Scleifer Center community and receive continued a la carte supports through the Supported Living Program.
- ASAT (Asperger Syndrome Adult Transition Program) - The ASAT program, based in New Haven, Connecticut, is nationally renowned for guiding adults to live independent and productive lives. This program serves a range of individuals, from those who are 18 and still completing high school to older adults who could benefit from a la carte supports. The ASAT program is highly flexible, caters to each individual`s specific needs and is guided by a curriculum which focuses on social communicative competency, self-determination, independent living skills and supports for college and employment.
Visit the Chapel Haven website to explore the details of our various programs and offerings: www.chapelhaven.org.
For more information or questions, contact:
Christy Chandler, Director of Admissions
(203) 397-1714 x185
Catherine Sullivan-DeCarlo, Vice President of Admissions & Marketing
(203) 397-1714 x148
Endorse Chapel Haven Schleifer Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards