Chatterbox Day School
- Chatterbox Day School offers a variety of programs for young children, both part- time and full-time.
- Each class and schedule offers its own classroom and teacher so that part-time children are not with the full-time children.
- This allows for easier adjustments to schedules for the children and the teachers can structure their program for the entire class period for all the children involved.
- Chatterbox Day School goal has been to promote the development and advancement of young children.
- We believe this can be achieved by creating a learning environment of fun and happiness, while nurturing their emotional needs.
- We have grown from a one room schoolhouse in Bay Shore to our modern, spacious building in East Islip, featuring 7 large, bright classrooms and a 1300 square foot indoor gym.
- We are proud to have many second generation students! Chatterbox Day School is chartered by the New York State Board Of Regents and licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
- This dual recognition by both state agencies is a rare and distinct acknowledgement of our superior programs that few preschools achieve.
- Our programs have been reviewed and approved by both agencies, as well as the East Islip School District Superintendent's Office.
- The local school districts hail the children entering their public schools after attending Chatterbox as truly prepared.
- We are also members of the New York Association for the Education of Young Children, the Child Care Council of Suffolk and Unified Private Schools.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.