Chatterbox Day School
- Chatterbox Day School offers a variety of programs for young children, both part- time and full-time.
- Each class and schedule offers its own classroom and teacher so that part-time children are not with the full-time children.
- This allows for easier adjustments to schedules for the children and the teachers can structure their program for the entire class period for all the children involved.
- Chatterbox Day School goal has been to promote the development and advancement of young children.
- We believe this can be achieved by creating a learning environment of fun and happiness, while nurturing their emotional needs.
- We have grown from a one room schoolhouse in Bay Shore to our modern, spacious building in East Islip, featuring 7 large, bright classrooms and a 1300 square foot indoor gym.
- We are proud to have many second generation students! Chatterbox Day School is chartered by the New York State Board Of Regents and licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
- This dual recognition by both state agencies is a rare and distinct acknowledgement of our superior programs that few preschools achieve.
- Our programs have been reviewed and approved by both agencies, as well as the East Islip School District Superintendent's Office.
- The local school districts hail the children entering their public schools after attending Chatterbox as truly prepared.
- We are also members of the New York Association for the Education of Young Children, the Child Care Council of Suffolk and Unified Private Schools.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.