Children's Discovery Academy
- You've come to the right spot. We are in the business of the care and education of young children.
- Children's Discovery is an early childhood center. We have children as young as 6 weeks of age and we care for them all the way through school age.
- We just celebrated our 36th anniversary. We're a small company and we're privately owned.
- We only have two locations, so again, there's a level of intimacy that we can give to all of our families and all of our parents.
- Everybody knows everybody. Our lead teachers have a four year degree, or the equivalent, in early childhood education.
- I think the quality of education that we provide for these children is astounding.
- We set the bar for a lot of places.
- We meet the needs of each and every child as they come to us.
- It's called child care but we definitely educate these young children.
- We are a company that truly knows how to care for young children and we have their interest in our heart so come check us out.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Julie Boggess|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Pavel|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Gymnastics, Soccer, SwimmingDance, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Children's Discovery Academy's Philosophy:
- We believe that each child is unique and special. We believe in focusing on the "WHOLE CHILD." His or her social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development. We believe that a positive, loving approach is the foundation for developing high self-esteem and a rewarding learning experience. We believe that experienced SPECIALISTS in early childhood development, who truly love children, are essential for an exceptional program. We believe in stimulating, specially designed programs, which provide a balance and variety of group activities, individual attention and creative free time. We believe in providing the best in facilities, teaching materials, and resources; including classrooms, infant nursery, indoor play systems, and outdoor park-like fenced activity areas. We believe in a full spectrum of concepts and activities, from learning to play cooperatively, building friendships, sharing, taking turns, understanding respect for others, large and small muscle development, creative play, exploring the arts, music, language, and more. We believe in providing a safe, clean, caring environment. In turn, an overall feeling of confidence and comfort is experienced. We are dedicated to providing the very best: "Where Discovery is Learning."
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: K | 27 students
433 Little Canada Rd E Ste 1
Saint Paul, MN 55117 0 K
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 242 students
2621 Mcmenemy St
Saint Paul, MN 55117
(651)484-3038 0.2 PK-8
- Saint Paul Grades: NS-PK
181 W. County Rd. B2
Saint Paul, MN 55113
(651)490-1403 1.3 NS-PK
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.