Children's Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (805) 733-2290
- The mission of CMS is to educate children at the primary & elementary (2 through 12 yrs.) to their fullest potential.
- We strive to help children continue their innate love of learning and to make education a joyful life-long process.
- We are committed to providing a prepared environment that guides children toward development of practical, intellectual, physical and emotional disciplines.
- This environment promotes independence, self-confidence, self-discipline, respect and personal and social responsibility.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based & Mild Learning Differences.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$675|
|Tuition Notes||full day pre-K-3 - $740/mo. full day grade 4-6 - $780/mo.|
|Admissions Director||James Murphy|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
Group and Private Piano Lessons
- CMS is organized and operated as a non-profit corporation, which enables the school to accept donations, to seek grants from individuals, businesses, and foundations, and to conduct fund raising events.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lompoc Grades: K-12 | 14 students
816 N C St
Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-9826 3.8 K-12
- Lompoc Grades: PK-6 | 91 students
219 W Olive Ave
Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-6210 4.8 PK-6
- Santa Maria Grades: 4-12 | 11 students
650 W Rice Ranch Road
Santa Maria, CA 93455
(805) 937-7291 10.8 4-12
- Santa Maria Grades: 9-12 | 388 students
4120 S Bradley Rd
Santa Maria, CA 93455
(805) 937-2038 12.6 9-12
This is our 2nd year at Children's Montessori School, and our son has come leaps and bounds. The teachers make my son feel comfortable, happy and confident. Through the different "lessons" that the kids are taught to do and eventually "master", the children are taught to focus their attention on one thing at a time. You would be surprised how exponential the carry over from school-life to home-life is. Merely attending a "non-montessori" vs a montessori children's birthday party, shows parents the huge differences between the "run of the mill" preschooler, as compared to a preschooler that is attending Children's Montessori School. Although there was a "learning curve" on how to behave and act at school (for the child and the parents alike), my son adores his school, his friends and mostly his teachers. Another awesome aspect of this school is the Parent Community. We are a community of parents who care deeply about our kids education and well-being, and sharing our kids accomplishments and comments about school is a daily habit! If you have any question as to if you will like this school, I urge you to simply set up a tour and speak to the teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Danic
Our children have attended CMS since Spring 2013 and we are confident that they are receiving a quality education. The Montessori method has been beneficial to both of our children, both in the Primary and Elementary classrooms. The teacher quality is exceptional. They truly care about each student in their care. We strongly believe in the Montessori Method which offers research and evidence to supporting their techniques. I would recommend CMS to any parent looking for a high quality school for their child.
- Posted by Parent - jacqu
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?