Children's School At Claremont Mckenna College
- The Children's School has been part of the Claremont Colleges since its founding in 1936.
- It is a school for children age two through kindergarten.
- We have a developmental and total language learning approach to the education of young children, and believe in an eclectic approach to early childhood education.
- Play is children's work and is their primary avenue to understanding their world. Great importance is given to play of all kinds in our school day, both directed and self-directed.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lea Harper|
- "The prime purpose throughout is not to impart knowledge to the child, but to lead the child to observe and to think." ~~Friederich Froebel, Educator and founder of the first kindergarten This quote sums up our philosophy and approach to early childhood education. We are here to help encourage and enable children to be leaders.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ClaremontGrades: K-8 | 291 students
1035 Harrison Ave
Claremont, CA 91711
- UplandGrades: PK-6 | 59 students
235 E. Foothill Blvd.
Upland, CA 91786
- ClaremontGrades: PK-8 | 380 students
3105 Padua Ave
Claremont, CA 91711
- OntarioGrades: NS-12 | 1210 students
931 W Philadelphia St
Ontario, CA 91762
- WalnutGrades: NS-6 | 30 students
650 Camino De Teodoro
Walnut, CA 91789
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.