Christ Methodist Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (901) 683-6873
- Christ Methodist Day School is devoted to exceptional Christian elementary education for boys and girls.
- We promote spiritual development, academic excellence, social responsibility, and personal integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||654 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Alison Hinson|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
- Accredited by AdvanceEd and the Southern Association of Independent SchoolsMember of Memphis Association of Independent SchoolMember of Tennessee Association of Independent SchoolsMember of Southern Association of Independent Schools
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Grades: NS-8 | 218 students
5296 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
(901) 682-8405 1.8 NS-8
This school is driven for greatness and catered to all matters of concerns. Though this school specializes in art, everything about Christ Methodist surpassed other educational institutions by far. As a parent, I was extremely impressed at the work that was sent home. Teachers were very formal and detailed about my son's day at school. They were unrestricted in his social life. All the kids in the school knew him by name. His teacher was very hands on in teaching him. Every 5 to 6 weeks, I met with his teacher for progress reports. They catered to his educational interests; which made me very happy.
- Posted by Parent - Maggette
Christ methodist day school is an amazing school. The grades are small but the bonds between the students are stronger. Cmds has so many special traditions and the teachers are so sweet.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Baile
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?