Christ Methodist Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Christ Methodist Day School is devoted to exceptional Christian elementary education for boys and girls.
- We promote spiritual development, academic excellence, social responsibility, and personal integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||453 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Alison Hinson|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
- Accredited by AdvanceEd and the Southern Association of Independent SchoolsMember of Memphis Association of Independent SchoolMember of Tennessee Association of Independent SchoolsMember of Southern Association of Independent Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MemphisGrades: NS-8 | 218 students
5296 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
- MemphisGrades: NS-8 | 522 students
246 S Belvedere Blvd
Memphis, TN 38104
- MemphisGrades: PK-12 | 861 students
1381 W Massey Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
- MemphisGrades: PK-8 | 440 students
4841 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38117
- MemphisGrades: PK-8 | 133 students
3880 Forrest Avenue
Memphis, TN 38122
This school is driven for greatness and catered to all matters of concerns. Though this school specializes in art, everything about Christ Methodist surpassed other educational institutions by far. As a parent, I was extremely impressed at the work that was sent home. Teachers were very formal and detailed about my son's day at school. They were unrestricted in his social life. All the kids in the school knew him by name. His teacher was very hands on in teaching him. Every 5 to 6 weeks, I met with his teacher for progress reports. They catered to his educational interests; which made me very happy.
- Posted by Parent - Maggette
Christ methodist day school is an amazing school. The grades are small but the bonds between the students are stronger. Cmds has so many special traditions and the teachers are so sweet.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Baile
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.