Lausanne Collegiate School
5.00 (1 review)
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #2 - Lausanne Collegiate School is dedicated to small class sizes and differentiation for students. There are many opportunities for one-on-one time with teachers for better understanding of concepts. Classes offer the opportunity for open dialogue and reflection in addition to inquiry and research.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #3 - Students in PK-3 through 4th grade enjoy daily Mandarin and Spanish classes at Lausanne Collegiate School. Lausanne's 5th-8th graders have the option of specializing in Mandarin, Spanish or French. Conversation Mandarin is also offered in Middle and Upper School and the 9th-12th graders have the opportunity to study Spanish and French or independent studies of Japanese or Latin.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #4 - Lausanne Collegiate School students represent 57 different countries and a wide variety of opinions, thoughts and backgrounds. This diversity and open-mindedness provides a supportive community in which the individual is celebrated and empowered.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #5 - Lausanne Collegiate School offers a wide variety of performing arts activities including chorus, band and theatre. Early introduction to music begins in PK-3 with Orff instruments and singing. Each division produces a musical and the Upper School provides an additional drama. The Conservatory provides private and group instrumental lessons as well as dance and performing arts ensembles.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #6 - Lausanne Collegiate School is a 1:1 technology school. Every 5th -12th grader uses his or her own personal laptop or tablet throughout the school day. PK-3 through 4th grade students enjoy a 2:1 laptop program provided in their classrooms in additional to interactive smart boards.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #7 - The athletic program at Lausanne Collegiate School provides engaging physical education classes for PK-3 through 8th grade students and a wide variety of sports participation for every age. Parents and teachers are encouraged to use the athletic facilities as well.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #8 - The Thematic Approach to learning in the Middle School at Lausanne Collegiate Schools challenges students to approach subjects through different themes such as origins, connections, conflict and paradigms. This creates more breadth and depth in their research and discussions and prepares them for the International Baccalaureate Programme.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #9 - To celebrate the success of the senior class, the PK - 11th grade students at Lausanne Collegiate School line the hallways for the seniors college t-shirt walk. Each graduating class has a 100% acceptance rate to 4-year accredited colleges and universities. Empowered for their own individual journeys, students attend a wide variety of schools.
Lausanne Collegiate School Photo #10 - The International Baccalaureate Programme in the Upper School and the preparation for the IB provided in the Lower and Middle Schools at Lausanne Collegiate School provide students with the opportunities for open dialogue in the classroom as well as the development of research and writing skills to prepare them for the rigors of college and university life.
- Lausanne Collegiate School is the only independent International Baccalaureate School in the state of Tennessee and the only PK-3 through 12th grade IB World School in Memphis.
- Lausanne offers an innovative, student-centered, college-preparatory and global education for boys and girls in grades PK-3 through 12th grade. Lausanne's student body represents 55 different countries and a wide variety of opinions, thoughts and backgrounds. The curriculum is designed vertically to give every student a chance for success in the IB programme and beyond.
- Each year 100% of Lausanne graduates receive acceptance to 4-year accredited colleges and universities.
- Using the average of the last few classes, one might expect a senior class at Lausanne to include: 82 class size
- 100% graduation rate 100% accepted to college 370 acceptances to 156 different schools
- Matriculation to 53 different schools $11 million in merit scholarships
- 10 National Merit Scholars per class 40% International Baccalaureate Diploma Candidates
- Matriculation to 15 of Top 20 U.S. News & World Report Schools
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||820 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||115 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K $12,500 JrK-SrK $14,400 Grades 1-4 $16,200 Grades 5-12 $18,200|
|Admissions Director||Laura Trott|
|Admissions Associate||Courtney Spring|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Lausanne`s Mission: To prepare each of its students for college and for life in a global environment. Lausanne's core values expressed in The Lausanne Way create a mission-appropriate environment for teaching and learning.
- The Lausanne Way
- We create a joyful and challenging learning process.
- We encourage continual self-reflection.
- We provide opportunities to succeed.
- We embrace global mindedness.
- We forge meaningful relationships.
- We build character through service to others.
- We empower individuals to seek their own journeys.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Grades: 7-12 | 630 students
6191 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
(901)260-1304 0.9 7-12
- Cordova Grades: PK-8 | 531 students
2100 N. Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
(901)388-7321 6 PK-8
- Memphis Grades: NS-8 | 189 students
30 Avon Road
Memphis, TN 38117
(901)435-5801 3.1 NS-8
Lausanne has been a great experience for my three kids. They have had a great teachers and learning opportunities. They have all started in different divisions and all are very exited about their next experiences. I cant wait for my oldest Nick to start at Yale and my youngest to begin his journey!
- Posted by Parent - C.
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.