St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School Photo #3 - As Catholic School educators, we are tasked to help our students grow in their relationship with Our Lord: to learn to love the Lord their God with all their hearts and to love one another as Jesus loves us.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School Photo #4 - At SFA, we offer four academic programs to meet the specific needs of your child. From our Gifted Program that challenges advanced students to our PLUS Program that offers differentiated instruction for children with learning differences, we are here to help your child succeed at learning.
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School is a private, co-educational school serving children in PreKindergarten through 8th grade and children ages 2-4 years in our Part-Time Program. St. Francis is committed to promoting academic excellence, individual responsibility, and spiritual awareness among our students so they may live more fully in relationship with God and others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD, Auditory Processing Issues|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||531 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees for registration, technology, and workbooks|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Fetz|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Altar Servers, Duke Talent Search, Math Counts, National Junior Beta Club, National Junior Honor Society, News Bowl, Newspaper Staff, Robotics Club, Wordsmith, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, theater/musical productions, Variety Show
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School offers four academic programs to meet the specific needs of your child. The mission of our Traditional Program is to offer excellence in education, guided by love and service to God. Through our Faith, our faculty, and our families, we remain committed to embracing each child`s individual talents and providing them an engaging, and safe learning environment. Our talented faculty challenges each student using a 21st Century digital and collaborative learning approach. The primary mission of the PLUS Program is to foster academic, emotional, social and spiritual growth for all our students. We are specifically committed to serving the needs of those students who more effectively learn in a smaller classroom environment and with the support of teachers trained in remediation. The Enhance Program offers learning strategies and remediation to students in our Traditional Program who have been identified as having gaps in basic skills proficiency through our universal screening program, Easy CBM. This small group instruction takes place during the school day outside of core curriculum time. This is in addition to and in support of the traditional classroom curriculum. The Gifted Enrichment Program offers challenging, hands-on learning opportunities to 2nd -5th grade students in our Traditional Program who scored in the top 10% in science and/or math on the Iowa Assessments. Visit our website at www.sfawolves.org and click on Academics for more information.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Grades: 9-12 | 830 students
5900 Walnut Grove Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
(901)682-7801 5.5 9-12
- Eads Grades: 9-12 | 1560 students
76 S. Houston Levee Road
Eads, TN 38028
(901)765-4600 5.3 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.