First Assembly Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mission First Assembly Christian School educates in a manner consistent with a Biblical worldview so that students are prepared for college and are equipped to live for God`s glory. Vision FACS strives continually to improve curricula and instruction, Biblical worldview training, and technological capability in order to prepare students to live for God`s glory. Beliefs Education consistent with a Biblical worldview promotes academic excellence, Spirit-led vision, moral courage, emotional balance, cultural understanding, and physical fitness.
- Biblical truth is the strongest foundation for intellectual achievement.
- Jesus Christ is preeminent in all facets of academic, fine arts, and athletic education at FACS.
- Administrators, faculty, and staff at FACS maintain a Christian witness and communicate Biblical values to all students.
- Students at FACS are viewed as unique individuals and are encouraged through appropriate resources to develop their God-given talents and abilities.
- Student learning is a cooperative effort of FACS stakeholders comprised of parents, students, faculty, staff, school board, and community
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||629 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement English, Advanced Placement Government, Advanced Placement U.S. History, Dual Enrollment English, Dual Enrollment Government, Dual Enrollment U.S. History, Honors Algebra I and II, Honors Anatomy/Physiology, Honors Band, Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors Choir, Honors English 9, 10, and 11, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish II, III, and IV, Honors Statistics, Honors World Geography, Honors World History, Junior High Advanced Studies Program (all academic subjects)|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K-12. Tuition ranges from $5292-1038|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ellen DiGirolamo|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Foreign Language Honor Societies, French, German, International Thespian Society, Junior High Student Council, Junior National Honor Society, Knowledge Bowl, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), National Honor Society, Rho Kappa Social Studies Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Spanish, Student Ambassador Program, Student Government Association (SGA)
Arts and Music Programs:
All-West Band, Band Solo and Ensemble Competition, Color Guard, concert band, Junior and Senior High Choirs, Marching Band, Treble Choir, Vocal All-West, Vocal Music Programs, Vocal Solo and Ensemble Competitions
- F.A.C.S. desires to honor the Lord by providing for students a quality college-preparatory education that will equip them to make a difference in their world. We at First Assembly Christian School, through our faith and trust in God, wish to make an impact on the life of each student academically and spiritually. FACS partners with parents to prepare students in grades K4-12 to live for the glory of Jesus Christ. We're a college-preparatory school providing academic excellence in a safe, family oriented environment.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cordova Grades: 6-12 | 565 students
7600 Macon Road
Cordova, TN 38018
(901)754-7217 2.6 6-12
- Cordova Grades: PK-8 | 531 students
2100 N. Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
(901)388-7321 3.9 PK-8
- Eads Grades: 9-12 | 581 students
76 S. Houston Levee Road
Eads, TN 38028
(901)765-4600 2.4 9-12
- Memphis Grades: 9-12 | 830 students
5900 Walnut Grove Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
(901)682-7801 5.1 9-12
I would like info about the school.
- Posted by Parent - lisam
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.