First Assembly Christian School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (901) 458-5543
- Mission First Assembly Christian School educates in a manner consistent with a Biblical worldview so that students are prepared for college and are equipped to live for God`s glory. Vision FACS strives continually to improve curricula and instruction, Biblical worldview training, and technological capability in order to prepare students to live for God`s glory. Beliefs Education consistent with a Biblical worldview promotes academic excellence, Spirit-led vision, moral courage, emotional balance, cultural understanding, and physical fitness.
- Biblical truth is the strongest foundation for intellectual achievement.
- Jesus Christ is preeminent in all facets of academic, fine arts, and athletic education at FACS.
- Administrators, faculty, and staff at FACS maintain a Christian witness and communicate Biblical values to all students.
- Students at FACS are viewed as unique individuals and are encouraged through appropriate resources to develop their God-given talents and abilities.
- Student learning is a cooperative effort of FACS stakeholders comprised of parents, students, faculty, staff, school board, and community
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||629 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement English, Advanced Placement Government, Advanced Placement U.S. History, Dual Enrollment English, Dual Enrollment Government, Dual Enrollment U.S. History, Honors Algebra I and II, Honors Anatomy/Physiology, Honors Band, Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors Choir, Honors English 9, 10, and 11, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish II, III, and IV, Honors Statistics, Honors World Geography, Honors World History, Junior High Advanced Studies Program (all academic subjects)|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K-12. Tuition ranges from $5292-1038|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ellen DiGirolamo|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Foreign Language Honor Societies, French, German, International Thespian Society, Junior High Student Council, Junior National Honor Society, Knowledge Bowl, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), National Honor Society, Rho Kappa Social Studies Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Spanish, Student Ambassador Program, Student Government Association (SGA)
Arts and Music Programs:
All-West Band, Band Solo and Ensemble Competition, Color Guard, concert band, Junior and Senior High Choirs, Marching Band, Treble Choir, Vocal All-West, Vocal Music Programs, Vocal Solo and Ensemble Competitions
- F.A.C.S. desires to honor the Lord by providing for students a quality college-preparatory education that will equip them to make a difference in their world. We at First Assembly Christian School, through our faith and trust in God, wish to make an impact on the life of each student academically and spiritually. FACS partners with parents to prepare students in grades K4-12 to live for the glory of Jesus Christ. We're a college-preparatory school providing academic excellence in a safe, family oriented environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cordova Grades: 6-12 | 449 students
7600 Macon Road
Cordova, TN 38018
(901) 754-7217 2.6 6-12
- Cordova Grades: PK-8 | 531 students
2100 N. Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
(901) 388-7321 3.9 PK-8
- Eads Grades: 9-12 | 1560 students
76 S. Houston Levee Road
Eads, TN 38028
(901) 765-4600 2.4 9-12
- Memphis Grades: 9-12 | 861 students
5900 Walnut Grove Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
(901) 261-4900 5.1 9-12
FACS is a hidden jewel in Cordova, TN. We have 2 children at FACS, both started in Jr. K - one is graduating 2020 and other will graduate in 2025. FACS is truly an extended part of our family. Administration, teachers, and staff treat our children like their own. We feel confident that our children will be prepared for the next step in their educational journey once they leave FACS.
- Posted by Parent - Crusaders Fan
First Assembly School is a blessing to students and families. This school provides a warm nurturing environment that encourages and enables all students to achieve success. It not only deepens their academic knowledge but also deepens their growth as children of God. I am so glad that our daughter is a part of this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - Christy
I wanted to say how impressed and blessed we are to be a part of FACS during this Corona Virus Quarantine. The teachers put lessons, resources, and online classes together in record time so that our kids did not skip a beat after Spring Break. The teachers have stayed in constant communication with my child and has been available to answer any questions my child has had during this new form of learning. We also received a personal phone call from the administration checking on how my child and our family was doing with everything during this time. They asked many questions and wanted honest feedback. The only concern I brought up was immediately addressed by the head of school. I was extremely pleased that our school cares so much for each child and family that we were all contacted personally. AND we were given their personal number to call with any problems or concerns and that they would be checking back again with me next week! This schooling at home may not be the perfect situation but the teachers and staff are going above and beyond to keep our children on the right track to finish the year with flying colors! What a wonderful blessing to be a part of First Assembly Christian School!
- Posted by Parent - parent
First Assembly Christian School has been a huge blessing to our family. I am the parent of two FACS graduates who excelled in college due to the foundation they received while at FACS. They received more than just a great education; They received the love of Christ through all of their teachers/coaches on a daily basis. As a parent, I could not ask for more than that. They both received academic, athletic and fine arts scholarships. I am also a teacher at FACS. I see what goes on behind the scenes to train us to be the best that we can for each student. It is a loving, caring, Christ-like and safe environment to send your children to school.
- Posted by Parent - Terri Downing
My kids have been at FACS for two years, we love it! The warm, caring environment is wonderful! We love the teachers and staff! I highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - Katie
We sent all 3 of our sons to FACS. The boys all had positive experiences, all were active in sports, and all graduated on time with multiple college scholarships. Well worth the tuition. Godly men and women teaching at this fine school.
- Posted by Parent - Mr. J. Scott
My three sons received a great education at FACS, went to college on scholarship, and are successful young adults. More important to me, their teachers and coaches poured into their lives in a way that could only be described as discipleship.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of three FACS grads
I would like info about the school.
- Posted by Parent - lisam
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.