- Westminster Academy is a JK-12 classical Christian independent school located in Memphis, TN. It is one of more than 200 private schools across the nation implementing this purposeful, powerful and proven method of education that inspires students to become thoughtful, disciplined and engaged learners who are encouraged to love God and to be captivated by His created world.This Christ-centered program emphasizes classical methodology - Socratic teaching requiring students to understand concepts and grasp information by exercising their own reasoning skills.
- Formal Logic, Rhetoric and Latin teach the skills of sound reasoning, disciplined investigation and persuasive communication.
- This private education is for parents who are passionate about what their children learn and how they learn it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average SAT score||1370|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth S. Perkins|
|Admissions Associate||Liz Kinney|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Football, Indoor Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Field Day Committee, His Hands and Feet (Community Service Society), Mock Trial Team, Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Student Ambassadors, Wordsmith, Yearbook, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet (K & 1st), Drama Club, Orchestra, Select Choir, Strings Program, The Artists Guild
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Westminster Academy`s admission process seeks to identify families who share our passion for the classical Christian pedagogy and students who will thrive in our educational model. If you are considering applying to Westminster Academy, we strongly recommend that you take the time to carefully review the information included on our website and consider some of the additional readings suggested on our resource page.The best way to see if your goals for your children`s education match that of our aspirations for your children, arrange a time to visit and tour the school. Call us at (901)380-9192 to do so.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Grades: PK-12 | 108 students
2550 Ridgeway Rd
Memphis, TN 38119
(901)474-1081 0.1 PK-12
- Memphis Grades: NS-12 | 596 students
1100 Cherry Road
Memphis, TN 38117
(901)767-4494 2.9 NS-12
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.