Christian Brothers College High School
- Christian Brothers College High School is a Catholic secondary school committed to providing a college preparatory education to acomprehensive student body, in the spirit of St. John Baptist de La Salle.
- Our mission remains faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ and the charism of St. John Baptist de La Salle educational service to the poor and salvation of all.
- We challenge students to realize their potential in an exceptional, technology rich learning environment that focuses on individual strengths and needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||900 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||34 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||25|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jim Brockman|
|Admissions Associate||Drew Crump|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- Type of School ~~ Private / Boys
- Religious Affiliation ~~ Roman Catholic (in the Lasallian Tradition)
- Total Enrollment ~~ 900
- History ~~ Christian Brothers College High School, which opened in Town & Country in 2003, is actually the fourth site of the school in its 167-year history. CBC was founded by the Brothers of the Christian Schools in 1850 at Eighth and Cerre Streets in downtown St. Louis. In 1855, the school was granted a college charter by the State of Missouri. In 1882, a spacious new campus opened at Kingshighway and Easton Avenue (today`s Sherman Park). Young men could enter this school as early as fifth grade, complete high school, college, and even earn advanced graduate degrees. A tragic fire destroyed the school in 1916. Plans immediately got underway for the construction of a new school, which reopened as a secondary school on Clayton Road in 1922, and which served the community for 82 years, until the move to Town & Country in 2003.
- School Mission/Education Philosophy ~~ Christian Brothers College is a Catholic, Lasallian high school preparing young men of diverse academic, social, racial, geographic, religious, and economic backgrounds for college and for life. Our mission remains faithful to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the charism of St. John Baptist de La Salle educational service to the poor and salvation of all. We challenge students to realize their potential in an exceptional, technology rich learning environment that focuses on individual strengths and needs.Our faith-filled and caring community provides a Christian education that develops young men academically, spiritually and morally, all in a reverent awareness of the holy presence of God.ADMISSIONS
- Requirements/Procedure ~~ Admission is based on the student`s desire for an education based on the philosophy of the Christian Brothers, his grades and standardized test scores from grade school, and a personal interview. Students apply to CBC following the standard procedure for schools in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Academic scholarships are available to high performing students. Application for financial aid can be made after a student has been accepted at CBC. More than $2 million in need-based financial aid and scholarships were granted in the 2016-2017 school year.
- Curriculum ~~ CBC offers a college preparatory curriculum designed to prepare all our students, with varying abilities, for college and for life. This includes a four-year program in Religion, English, Science, Math, Social Studies, Spanish and French; electives in Religion, English, Social Studies, Math, Science, Fine & Performing Arts, and Business. 26 different college credit courses are offered in Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Theater and Religion through the 1818 Program at St. Louis University, the ACC Program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, and the Advanced Placement Program. Additionally, CBC offers an Engineering Program with a competitive Robotics team and classes such as Principles of Engineering I & II, Technical Drawing, and CAD. An ACT Prep Class is also part of the regular elective curriculum and is offered at no additional cost to our families. CBC offers a fully integrated 1:1 laptop program that assures students will be prepared for the advanced technological requirements to be successful in the 21st century. Technology at CBC High School also provides an unprecedented level of communication between teachers, students and parents, and an enhanced opportunity to learn through collaboration.
- Advanced Placement/Honors Program ~~ This program is designed to challenge academically gifted students as they pursue a rigorous course of study. All honors classes begin freshman year. Placement in honors courses is based upon standardized test scores and past academic performance.Advanced Placement Courses Art History, English, Statistics, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Biology, Biology Lab, Physics, U.S. History, American Government, World History, Modern European History, SpanishCollege credit courses offered through St. Louis University and UMSL Ceramics, Advanced Theater, Art History, Theater Production, Music Theory, English, Statistics, Calculus, World Religions, Chemistry, Biology, Biology Lab, Forensics, Physics, U.S. History, American Studies, American Government, Modern European History, French, SpanishHonors Program Courses include all of the above plus Honors Human Anatomy, ACT Prep Course.
- Athletics (*No-Cut Sports) ~~ CBC is routinely considered one of the top athletic programs in the state. Our student-athletes have access to top level coaching and some of the finest athletic facilities in St. Louis. CBC also offers an unprecedented amount of opportunity for participation in the athletic programs, offering no-cut sports in each season and multiple freshman teams in several sports. Athletic opportunities include: basketball (2 freshman teams and 5 Teams Total), baseball (2 freshman teams), *cross country, *football (2 freshman teams and No-Cut), golf, soccer (2 freshman teams and 5 Teams Total), *swimming, *tennis, *track, *volleyball, *wrestling. Club Sports: hockey, *in-line hockey, *lacrosse, *racquetball, *bowling, *rugby, *ultimate frisbee.
- Fine & Performing Arts Program ~~ CBC offers one of the top Fine & Performing Arts experiences in St. Louis.The Theater Program boasts of graduates who are pursuing careers on Broadway in New York, Los Angeles andother premier opportunities.The Band Program offers an array of musical opportunities for varying levels of musicians.The Choral Program offers two groups Chorus and Our Brothers Harmony Group of Acapella music.The TV/Video Production Program offers an authentic TV Studio and daily student-run news broadcasts on our own TV station, KCBC. Student run Cadet Student Network (CSN) broadcasts live events on the internet as well.The Art Program is designed to allow students the opportunity to experience authentic Art Classes.Non-Athletic Co-Curricular: Scholar Bowl, CBC Studio Band/Jazz Band, Theater, KCBC, Cadet Student Network, Model UN, National Honor Society, Diversity and Cultural Awareness Club, Spanish Club, Student Leadership Council, "The Guidon" (Yearbook), "The Turret" (Newspaper), Morning Prayer Group, Robotics Team, other Clubs as established by the students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint LouisGrades: KG-12 | 282 students
4257 Magnolia Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
- Saint CharlesGrades: 9-12 | 301 students
2550 Elm Street
Saint Charles, MO 63301
- Saint LouisGrades: 6-12 | 444 students
175 S Mason Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
- FlorissantGrades: PK-12 | 296 students
845 Dunn Rd
Florissant, MO 63031
- Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 510 students
5850 Eichelberger St
Saint Louis, MO 63109
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.