Christian Brothers College High School
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 818 students
- Yearly Tuition: $17,985
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Christian Brothers College High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
Academics and Faculty
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Christian Brothers College High School, which opened in Town & Country in 2003, is actually the fourth site of the school in its 170-year history. CBC was founded by the Brothers of the Christian Schools in 1850 at Eighth and Cerre Streets in downtown St. Louis. In 1855, the school was granted a college charter by the State of Missouri. In 1882, a spacious new campus opened at Kingshighway and Easton Avenue (today`s Sherman Park). Young men could enter this school as early as fifth grade, complete high school, college, and even earn advanced graduate degrees. A tragic fire destroyed the school in 1916. Plans immediately got underway for the construction of a new school, which reopened as a secondary school on Clayton Road in 1922, and which served the community for 82 years, until the move to Town & Country in 2003.
- SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT/PHILOSOPHY
- Christian Brothers College is a Catholic, Lasallian high school preparing young men of diverse academic, social, racial, geographic, religious, and economic backgrounds for college and for life. Christian Brothers College High School will create positive change in our community and world through the lives of our graduates: young men who are Guided By Faith, Strengthened By Intellect, Committed To Justice, and Prepared To Lead & Serve. ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS/PROCEDURE Admission is based on the student`s desire for an education based on the philosophy of the Christian Brothers, his grades and standardized test scores from grade school, and a personal interview. Students apply to CBC following the standard procedure for schools in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Academic scholarships are available to high performing students. More than $4 million in need-based financial aid and scholarships were granted in the 2020-2021 school year.
- CBC offers a college preparatory curriculum designed to prepare all our students, with varying abilities, for college and for life. This includes a four-year program in Religion, English, Science, Math, Social Studies, Spanish and French; electives in Religion, English, Social Studies, Math, Science, Fine & Performing Arts, and Business. 36 different college credit courses are offered in Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Theater and Religion through the 1818 Program at St. Louis University, the ACC Program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, and the Advanced Placement Program. Additionally, CBC offers our STEM Academy, with four competitive Robotics teams and classes such as Principles of Engineering I & II, Technical Drafting, and Cybersecurity, AP Computer Science, Mobile App Development, and Aviation Science. An ACT Prep Class is also part of the regular elective curriculum and is offered at no additional cost to our families. CBC offers a fully integrated 1:1 laptop program that assures students will be prepared for the advanced technological requirements to be successful in the 21st century. Technology at CBC High School also provides an unprecedented level of communication between teachers, students and parents, and an enhanced opportunity to learn through collaboration, both in-person and virtually.
- ADVANCED PLACEMENT/HONORS PROGRAMS
- More than 150 hours of Advanced Placement and college credit are available to CBC students. In 2019-20, over 3300 hours of college credit were earned by CBC students, delivering a college savings of more than $3 million to our graduates and their families. Students who qualify may take honors, Advanced Placement, and college credit courses. All honors classes begin freshman year. Placement in honors courses is based upon standardized test scores and past academic performance. Advanced Placement Courses Art History, English, Statistics, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Biology, Biology Lab, Environmental Science, Physics, U.S. History, American Government, World History, Modern European History, Spanish, Computer Science Principles College credit courses offered through St. Louis University and UMSL Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Photography, Advanced Theater, Art History, Theater Stagecraft, Music Theory, English, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, World Religions, Theological Foundations, Chemistry, Biology, Biology Lab, Forensics, Physics, Human Anatomy, Environmental Science, U.S. History, American Studies, American Government, Modern European History, French, Spanish Honors Program courses available include many of the courses listed above plus Mandarin Chinese.
- (*No-Cut Sports) Athletic Program: CBC is routinely considered one of the top athletic programs in the state and has been named Athletic Program of the Year by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch four times since 2010. Our student-athletes have access to top level coaching and some of the finest athletic facilities in St. Louis. CBC also offers an unprecedented amount of opportunity for participation in the athletic programs, offering no-cut sports in each season and multiple freshman teams in several sports. Athletic opportunities include: basketball (2 freshman teams and 5 Teams Total), baseball (2 freshman teams), *cross country, *football (2 freshman teams and No-Cut), golf, soccer (2 freshman teams and 5 Teams Total), *swimming, *tennis, *track, *volleyball, *wrestling. Club Sports: hockey, *in-line hockey, *lacrosse, *racquetball, *bowling, *rugby, *ultimate frisbee. Additionally, we offer our very popular "Saturday Leagues" for both soccer and basketball, providing recreational opportunities to be on a team and compete.
- Fine & Performing Arts Program:
- CBC offers one of the top Fine & Performing Arts experiences in St. Louis.
- The Theater Program boasts of graduates who are pursuing careers on Broadway in New York, Los Angeles and other premier opportunities.
- The Band Program offers an array of musical opportunities for varying levels of musicians, including our newest course called "Modern Band," intended for students who are interested in forming their own band.
- The Choral Program offers two groups Chorus and Our Brothers Harmony Group of Acapella music.
- The TV/Video Production Program offers an authentic TV Studio and daily student-run news broadcasts on our own TV station, KCBC. Student run Cadet Student Network (CSN) broadcasts live events on the internet as well.
- The Art Program is designed to allow students the opportunity to experience authentic Art Classes.
- Non-Athletic Co-Curricular: Starting in the 2019-20 school year, CBC became one of the first high schools in St. Louis to offer a competitive esports team with a dedicated 62-seat Esports Center, the largest high school center in the United States. Additionally, Scholar Bowl, CBC Studio Band/Jazz Band, Theater, KCBC, Cadet Student Network, Model UN, National Honor Society, Diversity and Cultural Awareness Club, Spanish Club, Student Leadership Council, "The Guidon" (Yearbook), Brothers in Prayer, Robotics Team, Aviation Club, VR Club, and other Clubs are established by the students.
Endorse Christian Brothers College High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards