Circle Academy/North Side School
Tel: (718) 229-50504
North Side School is an independent, non-profit charter school specializing in education and early childhood development.
Here at North Side we understand that the early years are vital to the establishment of skills that will enhance the learning process for the rest of a childs life.
We are also aware of the various needs and learning styles of each child, and are able to implement the educational process to meet the needs of each child.
We recognize that every childs individuality must be respected and nourished.
Our highly trained staff of NY State Certified teachers and assistants instill a thirst for knowledge which provides each child with a solid foundation, preparing them for their future.
We take pride in seeing and meeting the students personality and intellectual needs, rather than viewing them as part of the classroom process.
It is our goal to instill a desire to learn and provide the surroundings to feed that desire. North Side School is a longstanding member of American Montessori Society.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The mission of North Side School is to provide a warm, caring, and stimulating early childhood environment that is safe and nurturing. It is a time of fun, warmth, security, exploration and discovering. The school fosters self-esteem and builds confidence based on self-respect and respect for all others. We follow the Golden Rule. We have created a loving, trustful, and respectful environment which enables children to love, trust and respect their parents, teachers, each other, and especially themselves. We believe in the value of human diversity and the fair treatment of all people and the earth. Students and their families feel comfortable and welcomed at all times. We view the parents as partners in the education of their children and integrate them into our curriculum, as well as integrating into our community and becoming part of it. Our staff is professional and knowledgeable about childhood development and early childhood education. We work collaboratively with our staff, parents, and the entire community to guide our students in their learning process. We have high expectations that are guided by the developmental needs of each child, with an understanding that many of our children have needs beyond that of learning essential skills; their needs are personal, pervasive and affect them on every level of humanity. We follow standard pre-school curriculum guidelines and the New York State Common Core project. We focus on the whole child with developmentally appropriate quality education developed to meet the needs of each child. North Side School maintains a progressive curriculum promoting learning the tools necessary to succeed in school and in life. We encourage and develop them physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually while being part of a whole community. The goal is for students to enter Kindergarten with the necessary skills to succeed and promote lifelong learning.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Circle Academy/North Side School is St. Kevin Catholic Academy (1.0 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Lutheran School Of Flushing & Bayside (0.3 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Noahs Ark Progressive Learning Center (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bayside Grades: K | 5 students
3820 Bell Blvd
Bayside, NY 11361
(718) 279-4251 0.2 K
- Bayside Grades: PK-8 | 67 students
3601 Bell Blvd
Bayside, NY 11361
(718) 225-5502 0.3 PK-8
- Bayside Grades: PK-8 | 381 students
21601 38th Avenue
Bayside, NY 11361
(718) 631-4804 0.5 PK-8
- Bayside Grades: PK-1 | 5 students
21212 26th Ave
Bayside, NY 11360
(718) 279-1457 1 PK-1
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.