Columbia Montessori Children's House
- MCHC was founded in 1973 as Columbia's first Montessori school.
- School follows the Maria Montessori words that “We must help the child act, think and will for himself.
- This is the art of serving the spirit.” The mission of CMHC is to support the natural development of children by the use of developmentally appropriate teaching materials which enable the child to learn through a process of education by doing.
- The school strives to educate the whole child – body, mind, and spirit – and help him/her achieve maximum growth in the areas of physical growth and development because he/she is motivated from within by a natural curiosity and love of knowledge.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK | 147 students
1101 Balsam Rd
Columbia, SC 29210
(803)772-2262 4.6 PK
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 200 students
3407 Devine St
Columbia, SC 29205
(803)256-1498 0.9 PK-K
- Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
1313 Means Ave,
Columbia, SC 29202
(803)772-3317 1.8 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.