Community Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (813) 886-3969
- Community Montessori School is committed to respecting children as individuals, nourishing them and educating them for peace.
- Our goal at Community Montessori School is to provide a prepared environment that responds to the developmental needs of the age group and cultivates each child's unique human potential by adhering to Montessori's principles.
Community Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer program available only for currently enrolled students.|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Land's End for elementary and up)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on the program. Please see the website for more information. https://www.communitymontessori.org/admissions|
|Admissions Director||Olga McBride|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bricks 4 Kidz, Chess Club, Let's Build It
Arts and Music Programs:
Act Up, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We currently offer the following programs: Toddler (18 months - 3 years), Primary (ages 3-6), Lower Elementary (grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (grades 4-6), and Adolescent (grades 7-9). Our Webb Road Campus serves the Toddler and Primary Programs, and our Civic Road Campus serves the Elementary and Adolescent Programs. The campuses are within walking distance from each other.
- We are proud to be one of the oldest and most respected Montessori schools in the Tampa Bay area. In 2019 we celebrated our 30th anniversary!
- The Montessori method embraces a broad vision of education as a tool for life. Founded on the belief that children possess an inherent love of learning, it provides a framework for engaging students in meaningful work and experiences. Montessori education seeks the formation of children who are independent thinkers and creative problem-solvers, capable of leading productive, responsible, and harmonious lives.
- Montessori classrooms are known as "prepared environments" with specially designed materials and learning tools. Because children develop on different timelines, students work at their own pace, with teachers providing lessons and guidance at appropriate intervals. Classrooms operate on three-year cycles, allowing students to form close relationships and engage in cooperative learning and mentoring roles.
- Community Montessori School opened it's doors at our Webb Road Campus in the fall of 1989 with two classrooms and an enrollment of 30 children, ages 2 through 5. Our goal was to provide the very best education for children following the methods and philosophies that were true to the vision of Maria Montessori. Enrollment grew each year, and classrooms were added to meet the demand as space allowed. In 1993, the program was expanded to include an elementary program for children 6 to 9 years old. In 1996, Community Montessori School moved the elementary program to a spacious location around the corner on Civic Road. At this additional location, CMS was able to add an Upper Elementary program for students up to 12 years of age. In early 2000, CMS became a not-for-profit school. It was also presented with an opportunity to purchase the property that housed and surrounded the Civic Road campus. The acquisition of this property gave the school the physical space to embark on the next phases of growth: to develop an Adolescent Program for students up to age 15 and build a new campus that could house all levels of Community Montessori School. In the 2006 - 2007 school year, we completed the first phase of growth and developed our Adolescent Program. The following year, the seventh and eighth-year students moved into the newly renovated Adolescent building located on the Memorial Highway side of our property. We welcomed more new additions to our Civic Road campus during our 2007-2008 school year. The Adolescent program planned and built an incredible organic garden near their classroom. They have learned about beekeeping and currently maintain two beehives along with a chicken coop on campus.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: PK-12
4811 Kelly Road
Tampa, FL 33615
(813) 885-1673 0.8 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 209 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
(813) 839-4297 7.9 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-8 | 70 students
4200 W North A St
Tampa, FL 33609
(813) 289-3747 5.1 PK-8
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
(813) 920-2288 9.1 NS-12
CMS is a wonderful school with an extremely well-trained, caring and supportive staff. Our two children have flourished here. Community Montessori offers exceptional academic programs and also focuses on a child's social and emotional development such character development and problem solving.
- Posted by Parent - lane.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.