- Grades: 4-8
- Enrollment: 131 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,800
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants and red polo shirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess, Chorus, Cooking Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Drawing Club, Geography Bee Club, Kindness Club, Latin Dance Club, Leadership Club, Newspaper Club, Photography Club, Young Veterinarians Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Located in Providence, Rhode Island, Community Preparatory School was founded in 1983 to provide educational opportunity to low-income students of color. Today, Community Prep remains committed to its original mission while serving students from a wide range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. Community Prep offers students in grades four through eight the benefits of an independent school - small classes, challenging academics, and a positive, nurturing environment - combined with the cultural and economic diversity of a public school. While serving students from across Rhode Island, Community Preparatory School's primary commitment is to minority and low-income students from providence. The school's goal is to help its students succeed in college preparatory high school programs and to become community leaders. Moreover, the school is committed to developing and sharing its vision, programs, and resources with the local neighborhood as well as the broader educational community. Community Preparatory School challenges students to become confident, independent learners; encourages respect for the cultural and ethnic identities of its multicultural and economically diverse student body; develops a strong sense of public service in students; and engages parents, students, and teachers in goal-setting and planning to ensure academic and social success for each student.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Community Preparatory School cost?
What sports does Community Preparatory School offer?
When is the application deadline for Community Preparatory School?
Endorse Community Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards