Contra Costa Jewish Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Contra Costa Jewish Day School (CCJDS) is a Kindergarten through 8th grade Community Jewish Day School located in Lafayette, CA. At CCJDS the synergy between academic excellence and Jewish knowledge creates an ideal learning environment.
- Our goal is to graduate children who love learning, respect human diversity, and are able to make positive choices about their lives.
- We strive to attain this goal by offering an outstanding academic program of general,Judaic and Hebrew studies.
- We offer small classes in a warm, caring child-centered environment.
- Our talented faculty work together with students and their families to create a close-knit school community.
Contra Costa Jewish Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,575|
|Tuition Notes||k-5: $16575 Middle School: $17375 for 2014-15|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Abby Seitelman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
African Drumming, Art, Drama, Hip Hop Dance, Jewelry making
Recreational Athletic Programs:
5th-8th Basketball Team, 5th-8th Soccer Team
- On line application available on our website www.ccjds.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 6.8 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 8.3 PK-8
- El Cerrito Grades: NS-8
2603 Tassajara Avenue
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)233-3013 10 NS-8
- El Sobrante Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510)222-3297 10.4 PK-8
CCJDS has consistently provided a warm, loving environment in which my 8th grade son has developed as a confident, well-rounded student. We''re particularly thrilled with the school's commitment to providing Spanish for the middle school, and to the advanced math curriculum. Dean Goldfein is very committed to creating a smooth transition to high school, based on the requirements of our specific school. We''ve been very happy here, and encourage more Reform/secular Jews to apply. This *is* the place for you.
- Posted by Parent - hilar
If you are looking for a school with a great community of families, where faculty really care about your child's success, where there is an emphasis on strong academics and where your child will be happy, then please consider CCJDS! Both my children started CCJDS in Kindergarten. My daughter recently graduated and is now attending a local public school where she is thriving and believes that CCJDS did a great job preparing her for the rigors of high school. My son is in Middle School, he works hard but finds school exciting and is looking forward to his 8th grade class trip to Israel. The faculty at CCJDS is great and make the learning experience so enriching! The school offers quite a bit of financial assistance for families who need. We love CCJDS!
- Posted by Parent - amyw
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.