5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (925) 254-7553
- Orinda Academy provides a structured supportive environment for bright students in grades 8-12, who are seeking a broad, engaging, and challenging curriculum as well as small classes and a 9:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
- Our graduates attend prestigious universities throughout the United States.
- Personalized attention Accomodations for Learning Differences Full-time Learning Support Specialist
- ESL and International Student Program Week long Educational Adventures (off campus learning and travel)
- Sports and electives (Stage Band, Vocals, Yearbook, Art, Leadership, Sign Language, French, Spanish)
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Accommodations for Mild to Moderate Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Literature and Composition, AP Spanish, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,500|
|Tuition Notes||8th grade-$31,300 International-$42,640|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Janet Harrison|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Knitting Club, LGBTQ Alliance, Makers Club, Student Council, Travel Club
- Our mission is to provide a structured, supportive college preparatory education that compassionately engages all learners as active members of our diverse community and empowers them to achieve their potential as successful, confident, self-reliant individuals.Orinda Academy is a co-ed independent school for students in grades 8 to 12 in Orinda, California in the San Francisco East Bay.We offer a college prep curriculum committed to providing students with academic growth, ambitious and advanced classes in the arts, competitive interscholastic athletics and a rich technological curriculum.We develop students` critical thinking skills, ethical values, an appreciation for culture, a healthy lifestyle, and a sense of social responsibility.We bring together a diverse student body with a multitude of talents and abilities and develop their love of learning and an appreciation for the opportunities in our multi-cultural world. We welcome and support students with mild to moderate learning differences, social-emotional needs (e.g. anxiety), and English Language Development in all our classes.We foster connection, collaboration and communication between parents, students and teachers to achieve a successful academic experience.We update parents approximately every two weeks with progress reports and hold parent conferences three times per year.Student support includes collaboration with outside tutors, therapists and specialists to ensure student success.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 803 students
1133 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
(925) 768-0265 9 9-12
- Danville Grades: 6-12 | 543 students
2100 Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd
Danville, CA 94506
(925) 837-5375 13.2 6-12
This is our second year as members of the OA community. We are beyond proud of who our son has become since he started at OA. His teachers are kind, compassionate and deeply knowledgeable. We are grateful to OA for providing our son a wonderful education. Excellence at OA starts with the people both staff and students as mutual respect is central to the culture.
- Posted by Parent - Jessica
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.