5.00 (3 reviews)
- Cornerstone Academy challenges students to reach their intellectual, emotional and spiritual potential in small classes that include early immersion in a foreign language, a strong foundation in reading and grammar, community service programs, and many other hands-on educational and social activities.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms for formal and daily)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,732|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary according to grade. We offer classes for homeschooled students, call for quote.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Heather Carter|
How is Classical Christian Education different?
- Time-tested methods that have been staples in Western culture and the Church since the second century.
- Students cultivate an interest in first principles and ultimate purposes.
- A tone of inspiration, fulfillment, joy, and respect are visible throughout.
- An emphasis on cultivating wisdom rather than just teaching facts and skills.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lynnwood Grades: PK-6 | 90 students
17000 6th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425)745-6755 12.2 PK-6
- Snohomish Grades: K-12 | 85 students
1822 Bickford Ave Suite G
Snohomish, WA 98290
(425)334-9422 8.1 K-12
My kids have attended Cornerstone Academy Christian private school for three years now. I really like the classic education with a faith-based curriculum. All the core math, science, and reading and more. Even if I lived 15-20 minutes away I would still drive my kids there each day. They just moved into a larger building and this year they have music and sports too. The best teachers and the students are of similar character, which means I know they will be a good influence.
- Posted by Parent - Tom Starkey
We began at Cornerstone in 2012 when my eldest son started preschool here. I had no idea what "classical education" meant and immediately began researching it. I was blown away with what I found and am beyond blessed we found this little school! Now all three of my boys attend and I am so impressed with what they can do and the level of critical thinking they exhibit at such a young age. We are treated like a family here and my children are growing both spiritually and academically in ways that are so needed in today's world.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
Our family has been at Cornerstone Academy since it first opened in 2007. During that time, we''ve seen our children grow in knowledge beyond what their friends from public and other private schools are experiencing. But beyond that, the The Christian aspect of our experience has blown us away...not only are they taught a Christian worldview, their spiritual growth is cared for on a daily basis here! I feel like our parenting is actually more effective because we''re on the same page with the school, and we back each other up. What a blessing it has been to be here.
- Posted by Parent - lysho
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.