Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning & Leadership
- Cornerstone teaches students to understand and live with an eternal perspective while maintaining a daily, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Cornerstone builds its academic house on the unwavering truths of God's Word. By sending your children to Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning and Leadership, you will allow them to build on a foundation of absolute truth of the Bible.
- Years from now, when the strong winds of life blow in, that firm foundation of God's truth combined with your own prayers and influence will help lead your children on the right path. Cornerstone Christian Academy is one of the most technologically advanced Christian schools in the nation, teaching students to think, learn, and lead from a Biblical worldview. Every student receives their own personal laptop or iPad. Our classrooms have been modeled after the "Classroom of the Future" at Stanford University`s Wallenberg Center. Classrooms have multiple displays (LCDs and Screens), and mobile furniture for easy collaboration. We create a culture that mirrors the life of students and their futures; one that seamlessly incorporates today`s digital tools, accommodates a mobile lifestyle, and encourages collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and Biblical leadership. Teacher training and development are an essential part of Cornerstone's overall plan for improving instruction and student performance.
- Cornerstone invests over 50 hours annually to train our teachers with the latest research on accelerating learning and the use of technology which supports and enhances our mission and objectives.
- The focus of our technology is not on the technology itself, but on how the technology can be used as a tool to further support the student`s learning goals and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Thulin|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Pesacreta|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Growing, Mad
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- SAFETY IS ONE OF OUR TOP PRIORITIES! Cornerstone Christian Academy places your child's safety as our most important priority. We know there is an incredible amount of trust that comes with parents dropping off children and leaving them in the care of our staff. Our primary objective at Cornerstone is to protect the safety of every child and staff member on our campus. Cornerstone Christian Academy for Learning & Leadership recently received an outstanding safety evaluation from the Superintendent of Public Instruction School Safety Center! We have been recognized by the Vancouver Police Department and the Washington State of Public Education as one of the safest schools in the state of Washington. Safety is always a top priority for us!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vancouver Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
4120 NE St Johns Road
Vancouver, WA 98661
(360)906-0941 2.8 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.