Cornerstone Montessori Children's House
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (503) 647-7402
- We are a Christian Montessori preschool that has been serving the Hillsboro School District of Oregon since 1997.
- We provide an individualized preschool program that meets the unique developmental needs of each child we serve.
- While they are having fun learning about math, geography, science, language, art, and music, the children are discovering something much more important - a love for learning itself.
- Each exciting discovery they make helps develop their independence, inner-discipline, and self-esteem.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||3 hour program - $290 month 4 hour program - $330 month|
|Admissions Director||Tamara Duyck|
- Individualized preschool program that will meet the unique developmental needs of your child.
- A.M.I. trained teacher uses traditional Montessori materials that provide multi-sensory and interactive exploration.
- Unique benefits of this Christian, family-like atmosphere include use of the Musikgarten music curriculum and a large playground.
- Mutual respect between adult and child, coupled with this rich environment, will help your child develop self-esteem, independence, and inner discipline.
- Most importantly, our Montessori program fosters a love for learning that will stay with them for a lifetime.
- Easy access off Hwy 26, close to Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Cornelius, and Banks.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Banks Grades: NS-8 | 114 students
39085 Nw Harrington Road
Banks, OR 97106
(503) 324-2182 3.7 NS-8
- Hillsboro Grades: PK-K | 31 students
3211 Nw Glencoe Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 693-0464 3.8 PK-K
- Hillsboro Grades: NS-8 | 83 students
770 NE Rogahn St.
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 844-7766 3.9 NS-8
- Hillsboro Grades: NS-K | 16 students
681 NE Regan Ct.
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-3566 4 NS-K
- Forest Grove Grades: PK-8 | 209 students
4189 Nw Visitation Rd
Forest Grove, OR 97116
(503) 357-6990 5.1 PK-8
We absolutely love Cornerstone Montessori. Our daughter had completed her second year and our son will be starting here in the fall. It is a small class which allows the teachers to get to know all of the children and focus on them as individuals. Our daughter looks forward to going to school everyday and she comes home each day having learned something new. We give our highest recommendation for this school.
- Posted by Parent - Nkind
Cornerstone Montessori is a great place for independent learning! My daughter looked forward to going to school every day. The teachers made it fun and she was excited to learn. She learned basic skills, such as counting 1-100, pouring liquid into a glass, and cleaning up after doing a task. What I liked about the school is the loving environment and skills my daughter came home with that she used daily. She learned at her own pace and was encouraged to explore other activities from painting, to learning countries, addition & subtraction, & how to help others. She came home singing songs and a hunger to want to read :) I would highly recommend Cornerstone!
- Posted by Parent - genyw
I found Cornerstone Montessori on-line and signed my kids up before we moved across the country, having talked to the teacher on the phone, but without having seen it. It was one of the best decisions I made while preparing to move; this school has been a tremendous blessing to our family! The kids love it, and so do I. The teachers are warm, loving, and flexible. My kids come home singing new songs every day, and often surprise me with what they''ve learned at school. I really love the four-day schedule, because it gives the kids consistency each day, but leaves Friday mornings free for appointments, errands, playdates, etc.
- Posted by Parent - orego
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?