Cornerstone Montessori Children's House
We are a Christian Montessori preschool that has been serving the Hillsboro School District of Oregon since 1997.
We provide an individualized preschool program that meets the unique developmental needs of each child we serve.
While they are having fun learning about math, geography, science, language, art, and music, the children are discovering something much more important - a love for learning itself.
Each exciting discovery they make helps develop their independence, inner-discipline, and self-esteem.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 16 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
3 hour program - $290 month 4 hour program - $330 month
- Individualized preschool program that will meet the unique developmental needs of your child.
- A.M.I. trained teacher uses traditional Montessori materials that provide multi-sensory and interactive exploration.
- Unique benefits of this Christian, family-like atmosphere include use of the Musikgarten music curriculum and a large playground.
- Mutual respect between adult and child, coupled with this rich environment, will help your child develop self-esteem, independence, and inner discipline.
- Most importantly, our Montessori program fosters a love for learning that will stay with them for a lifetime.
- Easy access off Hwy 26, close to Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Cornelius, and Banks.
We absolutely love Cornerstone Montessori. Our daughter had completed her second year and our son will be starting here in the fall. It is a small class which allows the teachers to get to know all of the children and focus on them as individuals. Our daughter looks forward to going to school everyday and she comes home each day having learned something new. We give our highest recommendation for this school.
Cornerstone Montessori is a great place for independent learning! My daughter looked forward to going to school every day. The teachers made it fun and she was excited to learn. She learned basic skills, such as counting 1-100, pouring liquid into a glass, and cleaning up after doing a task. What I liked about the school is the loving environment and skills my daughter came home with that she used daily. She learned at her own pace and was encouraged to explore other activities from painting, to learning countries, addition & subtraction, & how to help others. She came home singing songs and a hunger to want to read :) I would highly recommend Cornerstone!
I found Cornerstone Montessori on-line and signed my kids up before we moved across the country, having talked to the teacher on the phone, but without having seen it. It was one of the best decisions I made while preparing to move; this school has been a tremendous blessing to our family! The kids love it, and so do I. The teachers are warm, loving, and flexible. My kids come home singing new songs every day, and often surprise me with what they''ve learned at school. I really love the four-day schedule, because it gives the kids consistency each day, but leaves Friday mornings free for appointments, errands, playdates, etc.
Endorse Cornerstone Montessori Children's House. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.