Country Day For Children
- Country Day For Children serves the educational needs of families of Palm Bay, West Melbourne and South Melbourne.
- Our classes are provided for children ages 2.5 through 5 years old in Montessori preschool and kindergarten.
- Country Day For Children is AMS affiliated and accredited by NIPSA and SACS. At Country Day For Children we have a dedicated Montessori trained staff with an understanding of early childhood development.
- It is our mission to provide a motivating secure and harmonious environment for the children.
- We treat each child individually with respect and stimulate them to learn based on the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- We believe that each child is different and so is their process of learning. Children are exposed to a variety of cultural experiences, which allows each child to learn about the world around them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies on type of program selected.|
National avg.: 85%
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 97 students
3453 W New Haven Ave Ste B
Melbourne, FL 32904 0.8 K-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 1.2 K-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-8 | 108 students
870 Hollywood Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)768-1500 1.5 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.