- Coutin School is a private learning environment dedicated to providing personalized and technologically-enhanced education for students with special learning and emotion needs.
- We promote effective communicators and problem solvers who will become productive individuals and independent thinkers in the communities in which they live and serve.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alhambra Grades: 4-12 | 101 students
9 N Almansor St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)308-4521 28.4 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 326.9 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 325 5
- Chula Vista Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
900 Paseo Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619)421-7733 141.3 7-12
- Irvine Grades: 1-12 | 64 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)733-1500 58.9 1-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.