Tel: (603) 795-3111
- Crossroads Academy is an independent day school committed to academic and moral excellence.
- To promote academic excellence, we teach the skills and information embodied in the Core Knowledge Sequence.
- To promote moral excellence, we teach an understanding and an appreciation of the character traits found in the Core Virtues Program.
- We inspire in our students those academic and moral virtues conducive to a love of learning and a desire to act honorably.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,250|
|Tuition Notes||Full day kindergarten: $13,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Marilyn Wanner|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Club, First Lego League, Indoor Soccer Club, Mandarin Club, Math Club, New Hampshire Academy of Science After-School Program, Physical Play Program, rock climbing club, Soccer Club, Volleyball Club
- Crossroads Academy is an independent, coeducational day school for students in grades kindergarten through eight. Crossroads sequential, classic curriculum is based on the Core Knowledge philosophy as developed by E.D. Hirsch, and the Core Virtues Program, a character education program created by our founding head. Head of School, Brad Choyt, says, "Our practices and our campus support our engaging and experienced faculty in delivering these two programs to our student body. Upon graduation, our students attend the finest public and private high schools in New England." In 2004, Crossroads was accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), whose visiting committee noted, "Students at Crossroads Academy appear happy to be there-(they are) actively engaged in their work with a sense of fun, respect, curiosity and enthusiasm." Crossroads enrolls over 140 students from a forty-mile radius of Upper Valley communities including Lyme, Hanover, Etna, Lebanon, Piermont, North Haverhill, Grantham, Enfield, Croydon, Grafton, and Canaan in New Hampshire, and Norwich, Thetford, Vershire, White River Junction, Windsor, and South Strafford in Vermont.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Etna Grades: PK-K | 44 students
67 Trescott Road
Etna, NH 03750
(603) 643-2828 2.9 PK-K
- Thetford Grades: K-6 | 23 students
37 Academy Rd
Thetford, VT 05074
(802) 785-2077 3.4 K-6
- Thetford Grades: 7-12 | 339 students
304 Academy Rd
Thetford, VT 05074
(802) 785-4805 4.4 7-12
- Lebanon Grades: NS | 61 students
1 Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
(603) 643-6504 8.6 NS
- Lebanon Grades: PK-K | 53 students
22 School St.
Lebanon, NH 03766
(603) 443-9626 9.2 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.