Darren Patterson Christian Academy
Darren Patterson Christian Academy Photo #3 - Middle School student rock climbing during an Outdoor Expedition.
- Four day school week (Tues-Fri, 7:30-3:30). Christ-Centered, while welcoming students of all faiths.
- Expeditionary Learning style of teaching, including project-based studies.
- Outdoor Expeditions for K-8th including backpacking, rock climbing, xc skiing, snow shoeing, and hiking.
- Emphasis on character formation and spiritual development. At less than a third of the cost of the state average, DPCA is a worthy investment in your child's future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3245 for Kindergarten to $6022 for Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ashley Blazer|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren Mills|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- DPCA understands both the amazing opportunities and challenging aspects of raising a family in a small town because we have been partnering with parents to grow strong kids here for over 35 years. When choosing a school for your child, you may not have the plethora of options as you would in a city here in Chaffee County, but you will quickly find that DPCA`s unique offerings stands out among options across the nation.
- As an exemplary school in the Christian Expeditionary Learning movement, DPCA offers truly excellent academics that prepare students for future success in continued education, career opportunities, healthy lifestyles, and in becoming agents of good in the world. Our exceptional staff are leaders in learning and are dedicated to guiding students in their studies in order to develop an authentic love of learning. With hands-on curriculum that is active, engaging, and actually fun, students look forward to coming to school each day.
- We compliment our rigorous academics with unforgettable adventures focused on character formation, spiritual development, and teaching students technicals skills for how to engage with the outdoors. Four times a year, each class has the opportunity to backpack, rock climb, xc ski, snow shoe, and hike together. Don't take our word for it, though - OutdoorLeaders.com rated DPCA as one of the top Outdoor Programs in the nation... and our parents love seeing their kids thrive on these adventures!
- You don`t have to choose between the lifestyle benefits of raising your family in a beautiful, mountain town and the educational opportunities found in a city. As the #1 Christian Expeditionary Learning school in Colorado, we provide the highest quality education right here in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Feel confident that you are setting your child up to discover an authentic love of learning and life of opportunity by enrolling DPCA today. Visit www.dpcaweb.org to learn more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arvada Grades: NS-12 | 1151 students
12189 W 64th Avenue
Arvada, CO 80004
(303)403-2712 86 NS-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 555 students
3898 S. Teller St.
Denver, CO 80235
(303)733-2421 79.6 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.