Darren Patterson Christian Academy
Darren Patterson Christian Academy Photo #3 - Middle School student rock climbing during an Outdoor Expedition.
Four day school week (Tues-Fri, 7:30-3:30). Christ-Centered, while welcoming students of all faiths.
Expeditionary Learning style of teaching, including project-based studies.
Outdoor Expeditions for K-8th including backpacking, rock climbing, xc skiing, snow shoeing, and hiking.
Emphasis on character formation and spiritual development. At less than a third of the cost of the state average, DPCA is a worthy investment in your child's future.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 116 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,500
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition ranges from $3245 for Kindergarten to $6022 for Middle School
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
- DPCA understands both the amazing opportunities and challenging aspects of raising a family in a small town because we have been partnering with parents to grow strong kids here for over 35 years. When choosing a school for your child, you may not have the plethora of options as you would in a city here in Chaffee County, but you will quickly find that DPCA`s unique offerings stands out among options across the nation.
- As an exemplary school in the Christian Expeditionary Learning movement, DPCA offers truly excellent academics that prepare students for future success in continued education, career opportunities, healthy lifestyles, and in becoming agents of good in the world. Our exceptional staff are leaders in learning and are dedicated to guiding students in their studies in order to develop an authentic love of learning. With hands-on curriculum that is active, engaging, and actually fun, students look forward to coming to school each day.
- We compliment our rigorous academics with unforgettable adventures focused on character formation, spiritual development, and teaching students technicals skills for how to engage with the outdoors. Four times a year, each class has the opportunity to backpack, rock climb, xc ski, snow shoe, and hike together. Don't take our word for it, though - OutdoorLeaders.com rated DPCA as one of the top Outdoor Programs in the nation... and our parents love seeing their kids thrive on these adventures!
- You don`t have to choose between the lifestyle benefits of raising your family in a beautiful, mountain town and the educational opportunities found in a city. As the #1 Christian Expeditionary Learning school in Colorado, we provide the highest quality education right here in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Feel confident that you are setting your child up to discover an authentic love of learning and life of opportunity by enrolling DPCA today. Visit www.dpcaweb.org to learn more.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Darren Patterson Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.