Decolores Montessori School
Tel: (937) 547-1334
- DeColores is a chartered non-public school for grades K-9 and a certified Ohio Department of Human Services pre-school and day care provider.
- Our admissions office, pre-school and elementary programs are located at 312 Central Avenue in Greenville, Ohio.
- Our Jr. High (7th-9th grades) is a traditional Montessori farm school located at 6104 Arcanum Bears Mill Road, also in Greenville, Ohio.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies according to age. Under $5,000.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Dean, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Seger|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery Club, Maker's Club (Technology-Focused), Micro Economy Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drum Club, Practice Club
- Our Beginnings DeColores was founded March 3, 1985. We offered Montessori education to children ages three through six in a small building on Walnut Street. In 1994, our program was expanded to include a Montessori early elementary program and which grew as our student body aged. By 2002 we became a certified child-care provider, offering before and after-school programs. September 2009 we opened our Jr. High Farm School, making us the only provider of Jr. High Montessori education in the region.
- Our Goals Our goals are for our students to be open-minded and compassionate, to gain a sense of themselves and others, and to understand and appreciate the diversity of the human spirit. Our students are well trained in the basic academic disciplines, while fulfilling their creative, physical, emotional, social, and cognitive potential. Our students love learning and to value knowledge, creativity, and humor. They are responsible, critical, and caring members of our society. They recognize that they have the power and resources to effect change and the self-esteem and confidence to pursue their goals.
- Our Beliefs We believe that children learn best through intrinsic motivation. That they succeed when they have control over their learning. We are fiercely protective of concentration. We teach peace and do not dwell on competition. Students gain life-long benefits from the practice of self-discipline and independence. Our students will have a positive impact on the world in which they live.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.