Destiny Christian School & Preschool
Tel: (585) 473-1680 Ext. 250
- Destiny is a faith based school, offering classes for preschool through High School. We strive to offer excellence in faith AND academics. We offer small class sizes, focused attention from our staff, all in a family atmosphere.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Our range depends on grade level, Elementary, Middle school and High School have different price points. Preschool also has a separate price point.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Paula Cox|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
- Destiny Christian School and Preschool begins offering classes for 3 and 4 year olds. When children reach kindergarten age they transfer to the school side! We offer small classes for children in grades K-12. We are a Christian school with more than 40 different churches represented within our student body. Our goal is to offer excellence in faith and in academics. Our classes are based on a proven model of learning, known as Classical Christian Education. There is an emphasis on how to learn rather than what to learn. We focus on the three stages of growth that a child experiences. The Grammar state is foundational amd tales place in the primary and elementary years. It is a time when students learn all the building blocks of each subject.
- The second stage is the Logic stage which covers the Middle School years. It is a time of many questions, answers and making connections between topics and even subjects. Students will start to get a view of the big picture.
- The third stage is known as the Rhetoric stage which builds on the first two. Students in this stage are in High School and they begin learning how to apply the foundation skills with reasononing and analystical skills and then begin to express themselves through language, spoken and written. They big picture comes into view for them as they begin to put everything together.
- God is at the center of all that we do at Destiny. All knowledge begins and ends with God.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: K-8 | 19 students
2639 Ridge Road East
Rochester, NY 14622
(585) 467-2722 5.8 K-8
- Rochester Grades: K-8 | 80 students
2505 Browncroft Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14625
(585) 586-3140 4.5 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.