Tel: (321) 775-4889
- Devereux Santa Barbara's Adult Residential school Program provides a wide range of programs, from intensive, highly structured services, to programs which promote increasing independence.
- The primary goal of the adult residential program is to maximize the independent functioning of each resident to the highest level possible though the development of social and daily living skills.
- Residential settings include Supported Living Services in their own residences, off-campus for independent living.
- Stimulating and productive recreational and instructional activities are provided in both community and home settings.
- Devereux Santa Barbara's Adult Residential Program serves adults who have the diagnosis of a developmental disability and/or a psychological disorder.
- Each of the adult residential programs is briefly described below.
- The Devereux Early Childhood Assessment A Measure of Within-Child Protective Factors in Preschool Children The Devereux Early Childhood Assessment or DECA is a nationally normed assessment of within-child protective factors in preschool children aged two to five.
- Based on resilience theory, this comprehensive system is made up of a 5-step system designed to support early childhood teachers, mental health professionals, and parents in their goal of helping children develop healthy social/emotional skills and reduce challenging behaviors.
- Partnerships with families allow children to see the important adults in their lives working together to support their development.
- The Devereux mission is to change lives and nurture human potential.
- We inspire hope, ensure well-being, and promote meaningful life choices.
- Our mission is achieved through a wide range of services and supports for individuals and their families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Merritt Island Grades: PK-1 | 56 students
3500 N Courtenay Parkway
Merritt Island, FL 32953
(321) 459-2900 12.9 PK-1
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.