Dickinson College Children's Center
Dickinson College Children's Center Photo #2 - Science center, block center, dramatic play, and writing center
Dickinson College Children's Center Photo #3 - Quiet area for learning calming techniques, alone time, and D.E.A.R time.
The Dickinson College Children's Center was established by the Dickinson College Board of Trustees to provide childcare for children of faculty, staff, and students. Alumni, employed grandparents and community families are also invited to enroll. Our curriculum enables children to explore and create in an atmosphere of warmth and enthusiasm. The children gain positive self-concepts as they find enjoyment and success in the developmentally appropriate activities. Our Kindergarten program is licensed through the Pennsylvania Department of Education and our curriculum is guided by the Pennsylvania Kindergarten Standards. We offer monthly field trips to nearby locations as well as visiting a few of the on campus buildings such as the Planetarium, Tree House, Trout Gallery and Green House. Small group, large group and individual activities are provided throughout the day. Children are guided to develop indepenence, cooperation, respect, responsibility, confidence and a love of learning.
Dickinson College Children's Center ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
IEP, S/L program
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Please call the center office regarding specific rates for Full Day Kindergarten, or before/after care weekly rates.
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Please call the center office for weekly rates
National avg.: 85%
- Our Kindergarten maintains a small class size 15:1
- Full Day Kindergarten includes before and after school care (7:15-5:30)
- Kindergarten Only Option (9am-3pm)
- Social/Emotional Curriculum
- Guest visitors and Service Learning Projects
- Hands on Learning
- STEM and Family Engagement Activities
- Parent/Teacher daily interactions
- Kindergarten curriculum:
- Math; Everyday Mathematics
- Writing: Handwriting without Tears
- Reading: RAZPlus with Reading A-Z is delivered over the Internet and is a constantly changing program. Each month, Reading A-Z adds new books, lesson plans, and other resources, thus continually expanding its wealth of materials.
- Social-Emotional-Teamology Project TEAM uses six foundations and relatable characters to provide a common language for staff and students.
Endorse Dickinson College Children's Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.