Discovery School & Camp
- Since 1968, Discovery has been dedicated to fulfilling the needs of the total child.
- Our mission is to blend the emotional, cognitive and physical aspects of the child into a whole being.
- Learning through play, at child centered learning stations and hands on experiences, is the cornerstone of our program.
- We advocate proper nutrition, improved health and daily interaction with nature and the environment.
- Discovery School & Camp is dedicated to fulfilling the needs of the total child.
- Our intention is to blend the emotional, cognitive, and physical aspects of the child into a whole being.
- Learning through play at child centered workstations and by means of actual experience is the cornerstone of the program.
- We advocate proper nutrition, improved health and daily interaction with nature and the environment, at our fully accredited school.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||4 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-6 | 80 students
365 Paoli Pike/1133Paoli Pike
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)647-4001 0.3 PK-6
- West Chester Grades: NS-PK | 24 students
300 S Five Points Road
West Chester, PA 19382
(610)692-4155 0.7 NS-PK
- West Chester Grades: NS-PK | 41 students
1154 W Chester Pike Ste A
West Chester, PA 19382
(610)431-2237 0.7 NS-PK
- West Chester Grades: NS-K
1050 Andrew Drive
West Chester, PA 19380
(610)430-8682 1.3 NS-K
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.