Discovery School & Camp
- Since 1968, Discovery has been dedicated to fulfilling the needs of the total child.
- Our mission is to blend the emotional, cognitive and physical aspects of the child into a whole being.
- Learning through play, at child centered learning stations and hands on experiences, is the cornerstone of our program.
- We advocate proper nutrition, improved health and daily interaction with nature and the environment.
- Discovery School & Camp is dedicated to fulfilling the needs of the total child.
- Our intention is to blend the emotional, cognitive, and physical aspects of the child into a whole being.
- Learning through play at child centered workstations and by means of actual experience is the cornerstone of the program.
- We advocate proper nutrition, improved health and daily interaction with nature and the environment, at our fully accredited school.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||4 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-6 | 80 students
365 Paoli Pike/1133Paoli Pike
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)647-4001 0.3 PK-6
- West Chester Grades: NS-PK | 24 students
300 S Five Points Road
West Chester, PA 19382
(610)692-4155 0.7 NS-PK
- West Chester Grades: NS-PK | 41 students
1154 West Chester Pike
West Chester, PA 19382
(610)431-2237 0.7 NS-PK
- West Chester Grades: NS-K
1050 Andrew Drive
West Chester, PA 19380
(610)430-8682 1.3 NS-K
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.