East Midwood Hebrew Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- The East Midwood Hebrew Day School, Rabbi Harry Halpern Educational Center strives to instill in its students knowledge and respect for their religious and cultural heritage, as well as a thorough understanding of the world in which they live.
- The school also aims to develop a sense of self-worth linked to an ethical code practiced by Jews for thousands of years.
- It is vital that our students receive secular and religious educations and experiences that are of the highest quality possible.
- We believe that it is also our responsibility to include our parents and community in all facets of our school program.
- We consider the East Midwood Hebrew Day School to be a family, not just a school.
- The benefits of the education our students receive are not just limited to them alone.
- The advantages of a bicultural education extend beyond the classroom and into the homes of our families where all are recipients of the knowledge and traditions of our people and our nation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 277 students
2810 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
(718)258-4441 0.7 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 527 students
671 Louisiana Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11239
(718)642-6800 4.1 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 373 students
1277 E 14th St
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718)338-4000 0.4 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 293 students
6363 Avenue U
Brooklyn, NY 11234
(718)444-5800 2.3 PK-8
Amazing school! My daughter not only received an excellent eduction, but a warm and loving school environment for both teachers and classmates.
- Posted by Parent - N/A
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.