East Midwood Hebrew Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- The East Midwood Hebrew Day School, Rabbi Harry Halpern Educational Center strives to instill in its students knowledge and respect for their religious and cultural heritage, as well as a thorough understanding of the world in which they live.
- The school also aims to develop a sense of self-worth linked to an ethical code practiced by Jews for thousands of years.
- It is vital that our students receive secular and religious educations and experiences that are of the highest quality possible.
- We believe that it is also our responsibility to include our parents and community in all facets of our school program.
- We consider the East Midwood Hebrew Day School to be a family, not just a school.
- The benefits of the education our students receive are not just limited to them alone.
- The advantages of a bicultural education extend beyond the classroom and into the homes of our families where all are recipients of the knowledge and traditions of our people and our nation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 250 students
2810 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
(718)258-4441 0.7 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 402 students
671 Louisiana Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11239
(718)642-6800 4.1 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 393 students
1277 E 14th St
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718)338-4000 0.4 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-9 | 281 students
6363 Avenue U
Brooklyn, NY 11234
(718)444-5800 2.3 PK-9
Amazing school! My daughter not only received an excellent eduction, but a warm and loving school environment for both teachers and classmates.
- Posted by Parent - N/A
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.