Eastern Christian Elementary School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- For over 120 years, Eastern Christian School (PK-12th grade) has been dedicated to educating and challenging young people for Christian life and service.
- Education at Eastern Christian is distinctively different. In the classroom, academics are taught from a Christian perspective, and Christian teachers faithfully mentor students of committed Christian families to become responsible stewards.
- We provide a nurturing environment that encourages our pupils to recognize their individual gifts and develop their potential for service to God and their community.
- Students are challenged to reflect and to ask themselves how academics, the arts, and athletics are preparing them for a life that will transform the world for Christ.
- Eastern Christian School has been named a National School District of Character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Room|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest Christian Dress)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,580|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships are available based on need. EC distributed over $1,000,000 in financial aid annually.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rudi Gesch|
|Admissions Associate||Gloria Tenewitz|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Program
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stirling Grades: NS-5
249 Bebout Avenue
Stirling, NJ 07980
(908)598-8088 28.7 NS-5
When our family moved to northern NJ from Chicago years ago, we wanted to make sure that our children had a great Christian education that didn't limit them academically. THAT is what we found at EC. As a P-12 Christian School system, there are many advantages in the curriculum and resources that our kids have. Great academics taught by loving Christian teachers who model amazing character for our kids. It's everything that we had hoped our school could be!
- Posted by Parent - Rudi
As a parent I am so grateful for the quality of education and the loving, caring way that my children are being taught at Eastern Christian Elementary School. The principal and teachers genuinely take an interest in each child and family. The school also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities and has quality music and art programs available.
- Posted by Parent - Minnaar
Eastern Christian Elementary School is one of North Jersey's best kept secrets! The classes are small and the teachers are awesome! Our faith and beliefs are integrated into the classroom and equal emphasis is placed on the character development of the child, which we have seen carry over into our home. The teachers are so warm and caring, they really go the extra mile to ensure that my children are learning and involved. I love EC and would not want my children to go anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - Sandy Vasquez Chong
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.