Edgewood Center For Children & Families
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families helps children and families take back their future by working with them to overcome severe challenges like abuse, neglect, mental illness, and family crisis.
- The oldest children's charity in the western U.S., Edgewood has evolved to meet the community's changing needs.
- Edgewood offers Community-Based Services in the following areas: Kinship and family support, prevention and intervention, wraparound, school-based programs, behavioral and mental health, and physical health and wellness.
- Intensive Services include: residential treatment, day treatment, educational therapy in the agency's non-public school, medical and psychiatric services, and case management.
- Our award-winning Research team studies outcomes and approaches to gain understanding of the best ways organizations can help children and their communities.
- Edgewood's Advocacy team champions the rights of children by raising understanding and awareness of issues impacting their well-being.
- The agency's Training program draws on years of experience and the latest research to teach staff as well as caregivers, teachers, and child welfare professionals in California and beyond.
- Edgewood is more than just a place. We offer a broad range of services to help children and families at home, in schools, and in the community.
- When abused, neglected, and troubled youth require more comprehensive care than their family or school can provide, our Intensive Services help children and teens to heal and reconnect with a safe, loving family whenever possible.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Edgewood Center For Children & Families also viewed these schools: Spectrum Center and A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 52 students
6325 Camden St
Oakland, CA 94605
(510)729-6384 16.7 K-12
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 19.2 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.