Edgewood Center For Children & Families
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families helps children and families take back their future by working with them to overcome severe challenges like abuse, neglect, mental illness, and family crisis.
- The oldest children's charity in the western U.S., Edgewood has evolved to meet the community's changing needs.
- Edgewood offers Community-Based Services in the following areas: Kinship and family support, prevention and intervention, wraparound, school-based programs, behavioral and mental health, and physical health and wellness.
- Intensive Services include: residential treatment, day treatment, educational therapy in the agency's non-public school, medical and psychiatric services, and case management.
- Our award-winning Research team studies outcomes and approaches to gain understanding of the best ways organizations can help children and their communities.
- Edgewood's Advocacy team champions the rights of children by raising understanding and awareness of issues impacting their well-being.
- The agency's Training program draws on years of experience and the latest research to teach staff as well as caregivers, teachers, and child welfare professionals in California and beyond.
- Edgewood is more than just a place. We offer a broad range of services to help children and families at home, in schools, and in the community.
- When abused, neglected, and troubled youth require more comprehensive care than their family or school can provide, our Intensive Services help children and teens to heal and reconnect with a safe, loving family whenever possible.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Edgewood Center For Children & Families also viewed these schools: Spectrum Center and A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 52 students
6325 Camden St
Oakland, CA 94605
(510)729-6384 16.7 K-12
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 19.2 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.