Egremont Schools Photo #2 - Egremont's specialty classes provide curricular offerings in theatrical dance, ballet/tap/jazz, art, music, physical education, technology, and foreign language.
Egremont Schools Photo #3 - Our Egremont students are provided an educational environment which will pave the road to their future successes!
Egremont Schools, Inc. is a coeducational, independent Preschool - Grade 5 day school serving approximately 140 students on one site in Chatsworth, California.
Egremont Schools, Inc. was founded in 1936 and continues to offer an exceptional academic program... encompassing activities to enhance the whole child.
Since its inception, Egremont Schools, Inc. has always been guided by a mission to provide high-level academics, a commitment to character education, and a belief in a broad offering of stimulating programs to appeal to the many interests of its students.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Students: 113 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition varies by grade level.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Egremont prides itself in its ability to provide its students with a strong academic curriculum, interwoven with a wealth of additional opportunities for growth in the arts, technology, and physical education. Traditional disciplines begin at the Preschool level and continue through the fifth grade. The language arts component incorporates reading from a basal reader and literature selections, expository writing, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling. In our math program, children learn concepts, computational skills, and problem solving techniques through a variety of approaches including manipulatives, textbooks, computer programs, and daily exercises. Egremont assigns no more than 20 students per classroom. This commitment to small classroom sizes reflects our commitment to individual student attention. We believe this consistency helps us in building confidence in our students and enables us to provide an academic program tailored for individual student needs.
Profile last updated: 09/21/2021
I loved this school! It helped me prepare for my future. I am an honors student, and I thank Egremont for teaching me the skills necessary to stand tall and be successful!
We couldn't be happier with Egremont School! Our child has blossomed since he first began his schooling there 2 years ago. With the help of the school, he has come out of his shell, has made great friends, and loves to explore new things. He comes home everyday excited to tell us about the fun things he did at school. All of the employees are so welcoming and the families are so nice. We are now expecting a new little one and have no doubt he or she will be going to Egremont. If you are looking for a school that truly cares about your child, then Egremont is the right place for you!
Egremont is the best elementary school in the valley. The administrators are fantastic and are very attentive to the needs of both parents and students. They pride themselves on the safety of the children and encourage students to put their best effort forward. Although the class sizes are small, this greatly helps students get more attention from teachers and allows more time for one on one help if needed. Ms. Struve is a fantastic president and extremely professional when it comes to handling the business of the school. All around excellent academics and sports program and not to mention, a beautiful and clean campus.
Egremont is a wonderful school. The school grounds are absolutely beautiful and very safe. We are very impressed by the strong academics and are equally thrilled about the administrations'' focus on the child as a whole. The students are exposed to specialty classes such as art, science, Spanish and music, and are encouraged to help the community in a variety of ways. Our child is very happy and is thriving there.
Endorse Egremont Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.