5.00 (4 reviews)
Egremont Schools Photo #2 - Egremont's specialty classes provide curricular offerings in theatrical dance, ballet/tap/jazz, art, music, physical education, technology, and foreign language.
Egremont Schools Photo #3 - Our Egremont students are provided an educational environment which will pave the road to their future successes!
- Egremont Schools, Inc. is a coeducational, independent Preschool - Grade 5 day school serving approximately 140 students on one site in Chatsworth, California.
- Egremont Schools, Inc. was founded in 1936 and continues to offer an exceptional academic program... encompassing activities to enhance the whole child.
- Since its inception, Egremont Schools, Inc. has always been guided by a mission to provide high-level academics, a commitment to character education, and a belief in a broad offering of stimulating programs to appeal to the many interests of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Rocky/Mrs. Navarro|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Egghead Explorers, Lego Machines, Little Dribblers|
Club or Organization:
cheerleading, golf, Sewing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, karate, team sports
- Egremont prides itself in its ability to provide its students with a strong academic curriculum, interwoven with a wealth of additional opportunities for growth in the arts, technology, and physical education. Traditional disciplines begin at the Preschool level and continue through the fifth grade. The language arts component incorporates reading from a basal reader and literature selections, expository writing, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling. In our math program, children learn concepts, computational skills, and problem solving techniques through a variety of approaches including manipulatives, textbooks, computer programs, and daily exercises. Egremont assigns no more than 20 students per classroom. This commitment to small classroom sizes reflects our commitment to individual student attention. We believe this consistency helps us in building confidence in our students and enables us to provide an academic program tailored for individual student needs.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granada Hills Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
17637 Mayerling St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818)363-5515 3.3 PK-8
- Altadena Grades: 1-10 | 87 students
760 Mountain View Street
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)798-6793 23.3 1-10
- La Crescenta Grades: 1-12 | 18 students
2506 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)236-3603 19.2 1-12
I loved this school! It helped me prepare for my future. I am an honors student, and I thank Egremont for teaching me the skills necessary to stand tall and be successful!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Stu
We couldn't be happier with Egremont School! Our child has blossomed since he first began his schooling there 2 years ago. With the help of the school, he has come out of his shell, has made great friends, and loves to explore new things. He comes home everyday excited to tell us about the fun things he did at school. All of the employees are so welcoming and the families are so nice. We are now expecting a new little one and have no doubt he or she will be going to Egremont. If you are looking for a school that truly cares about your child, then Egremont is the right place for you!
- Posted by Parent - socce
Egremont is the best elementary school in the valley. The administrators are fantastic and are very attentive to the needs of both parents and students. They pride themselves on the safety of the children and encourage students to put their best effort forward. Although the class sizes are small, this greatly helps students get more attention from teachers and allows more time for one on one help if needed. Ms. Struve is a fantastic president and extremely professional when it comes to handling the business of the school. All around excellent academics and sports program and not to mention, a beautiful and clean campus.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - britt
Egremont is a wonderful school. The school grounds are absolutely beautiful and very safe. We are very impressed by the strong academics and are equally thrilled about the administrations'' focus on the child as a whole. The students are exposed to specialty classes such as art, science, Spanish and music, and are encouraged to help the community in a variety of ways. Our child is very happy and is thriving there.
- Posted by Parent - mkesh
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.