5.00 (4 reviews)
Our Egremont students are provided an educational environment which will pave the road to their future successes!
- Egremont Schools, Inc. is a coeducational, independent Preschool -- Grade 5 day school serving approximately 150 students on one site in Chatsworth, California.
- Egremont Schools, Inc. was founded in 1936 and celebrated its 80th anniversary.
- Since its inception, Egremont Schools, Inc. has always been guided by a mission to provide high-level academics, a commitment to character education, and a belief in a broad offering of stimulating programs to appeal to the many interests of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Yarijanian|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Egghead Explorers, Lego Machines, Little Dribblers|
Club or Organization:
cheerleading, golf, Sewing Club, Soccer Shots, tennis
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
karate, team sports
- Egremont prides itself in its ability to provide its students with a strong academic curriculum, interwoven with a wealth of additional opportunities for growth in the arts, technology, and physical education. Traditional disciplines begin at the Preschool level and continue through the fifth grade. The language arts component incorporates reading from a basal reader and literature selections, expository writing, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling. In our math program, children learn concepts, computational skills, and problem solving techniques through a variety of approaches including manipulatives, textbooks, computer programs, and daily exercises. Egremont assigns no more than 20 students per classroom. This commitment to small classroom sizes reflects our commitment to individual student attention. We believe this consistency helps us in building confidence in our students and enables us to provide an academic program tailored for individual student needs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granada HillsGrades: PK-8 | 234 students
17637 Mayerling St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
- Studio CityGrades: 3-12 | 14 students
12749 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
- Santa ClaritaGrades: K-12 | 140 students
22589 Hickory Pl
Santa Clarita, CA 91390
- ChatsworthGrades: NS-8 | 203 students
21523 Rinaldi Street, PO Box 5077
Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Granada HillsGrades: K-12 | 576 students
17531 Rinaldi St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
I loved this school! It helped me prepare for my future. I am an honors student, and I thank Egremont for teaching me the skills necessary to stand tall and be successful!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Stu
We couldn't be happier with Egremont School! Our child has blossomed since he first began his schooling there 2 years ago. With the help of the school, he has come out of his shell, has made great friends, and loves to explore new things. He comes home everyday excited to tell us about the fun things he did at school. All of the employees are so welcoming and the families are so nice. We are now expecting a new little one and have no doubt he or she will be going to Egremont. If you are looking for a school that truly cares about your child, then Egremont is the right place for you!
- Posted by Parent - socce
Egremont is the best elementary school in the valley. The administrators are fantastic and are very attentive to the needs of both parents and students. They pride themselves on the safety of the children and encourage students to put their best effort forward. Although the class sizes are small, this greatly helps students get more attention from teachers and allows more time for one on one help if needed. Ms. Struve is a fantastic president and extremely professional when it comes to handling the business of the school. All around excellent academics and sports program and not to mention, a beautiful and clean campus.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - britt
Egremont is a wonderful school. The school grounds are absolutely beautiful and very safe. We are very impressed by the strong academics and are equally thrilled about the administrations'' focus on the child as a whole. The students are exposed to specialty classes such as art, science, Spanish and music, and are encouraged to help the community in a variety of ways. Our child is very happy and is thriving there.
- Posted by Parent - mkesh
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.