Eleanor Gerson High School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 34 students
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Russell Newman, M.Ed., LSW
Stacy McKnight, LCDC III
- The Eleanor Gerson School is an alternative high school for adolescents who for personal, behavioral and/or relationship reasons have not been successful in standard schools. Youth who have completed the 8th grade and meet the eligibility requirements of the school may apply. The school is specifically geared toward youth with emotional or behavioral difficulties and who are having trouble coping in traditional high schools. Other eligible applicants include youth who are progressing from a controlled setting, such as a hospital or treatment center. The Gerson School is chartered by the Ohio Department of Education. The Gerson School offers a complete course of high school studies in a therapeutic environment. Careful guidance of each student's personal development is provided and learning takes place in small group settings. Students are prepared to return to mainstream high school, graduation or college, technical training, or full-time employment.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
This was the best place for me at a time where I felt completely disconnected from everything. Best alternative high school in Cleveland, the staff truly cared and took time out for the students! I remember my days there fondly and can't believe it's been 25 years since I graduated.
My son is a student of Gerson. They really helped my son, and we are so grateful to everyone who works there. My son really did an awesome job, thanks to teachers who cared and took the time to help him and all the other students. I wish we had a school like this when I was in school. I love Gerson.
The teachers were the best! They really cared about us.they had great respect for their students!
This was a wonderful school to attend. The teachers really cared about us and were very good at their job. I met alot of wonderfull people there and continued on to college in the state of florida for 2 years. What I liked most were the teachers such as fran and mark who I had great relationships with. In the end I think that was the perfect place for me to attend.
I graduated in 1995!! I am blessed to have had this time in my life!! I am proud!!
I lOVE this school, I tell people all the time that this school saved my life! If your child is having hard times in school, but you know that they have the potential... send them here. The staff is the best!!! I was to attend Shaw High School, but my mom opted to send me here instead. I picked up a lot of life lessons here. I will forever be greatful to Mr. Dunne, Fran, Pat, Tracey, William... Respect, Love, And Peace... Fred...
Endorse Eleanor Gerson High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.