Lawrence School-Upper School Campus
Tel: (440) 526-0003
- Lawrence School is a coeducational day school serving bright students in grades K-12 with language-based learning differences and attention deficits. Our mission is to teach students who have distinct learning styles, ignite their potential, and inspire academic and social success. We specialize in educating students who learn differently by accepting and affirming their unique learning styles, supporting them through their academic journey, and inspiring and motivating them to excel beyond what they would believe imaginable.
- It is our goal to empower each student to explore their unique learning styles in order to gain the ability and confidence to successfully advocate for themselves, both in the classroom and in life beyond Lawrence School.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $23,760 to $25,434 depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Douglas Hamilton|
|Admissions Associate||Glenda Bolling|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
- Is your bright child struggling in school Lawrence School's proven methods for unique learners in Grades K-12 can help.
- At Lawrence, students with dyslexia, ADHD and other language-based learning differences receive an education that teaches to their distinct learning styles, ignites their potential, and inspires academic and social success. As a result, students who previously struggled in the classroom are suddenly engaged, motivated and confident in their ability to be successful learners.
- Children with learning differences have the ability to learn as well as anyone else. When they are educated in an environment that honors their individual learning styles, they succeed even excel - and go on to experience achievement in schools, colleges and careers.
- Today, thousands of our children-born with the intelligence and talent to build great bridges, create new art, triumph in the business world and contribute greatly to our society-are struggling academically. But given the opportunity to learn and grow in a unique environment, these students are able to unlock their potential and succeed.
- At Lawrence School, we understand the unique needs academic, social and emotional - of students with learning differences and attention deficits. Our specialized programs and methods are designed to help these students build confidence, advocate for themselves, and reach their full potential. There are over 300 schools like Lawrence across the country - but only one in northeast Ohio.
- If it is time for you and your child to discover success both inside and outside the classroom, consider learning at Lawrence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Albany Grades: 1-12 | 282 students
9555 Johnstown Road
New Albany, OH 43054
(614) 433-0822 108.7 1-12
- Cleveland Grades: PK-12 | 105 students
2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
Cleveland, OH 44104
(216) 448-6440 10.9 PK-12
- Cleveland Grades: NS-12 | 130 students
22001 Fairmount Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44118
(216) 320-8945 10.6 NS-12
- Cleveland Grades: 3-8 | 103 students
2346 West 14th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
(216) 334-2963 12.9 3-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.