Excellence Christian School
- Excellence Christian School (ECS) is a place of learning where individualism is encouraged and the love of Christ emulated.
- ECS promotes student inquiry and independent thinking through a rigorous course of study.
- The standards-based, college preparatory curriculum emphasizes both science/technology and the arts.
- In this nurturing Christian learning environment, students experience academic excellence through a team-driven instructional approach. We are a school where intense learning and fun intersect, as teachers bring concepts to life through engaging instructional techniques.
- Our goal is to assist parents with their childÂ¡Â¯s pursuit of academic excellence while cultivating a biblical perspective that will intrinsically motivate them to make positive contributions to society.
- Excellence Christian School is the educational choice for families who value a setting where their child is both known and esteemed.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Upper MarlboroGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
6707 Woodyard Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 518 students
6501 Surratts Road
Clinton, MD 20735
ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 153 students
9255 Piscataway Road
Clinton, MD 20735
WaldorfGrades: PK-12 | 405 students
13000 Zekiah Dr
Waldorf, MD 20601
I attended the ECS's back to school orientation, on 8/21/2015, on behalf of, my sister, who was unable to attend. Immediately upon entering the school, I could feel the presence, hand, and genuine love of Christ within the atmosphere; it also, radiated through the believers within the school. I was taken aback, by the genuine love and team efforts, to exceed the expectations of the parents--entrusting their children, into the care of a school, whose foundation is built upon the belief, that God gave His life for us that we may have love, peace and joy! Dr. Lee's, commitment to fulfilling, her path of destiny, was evident in the way, that she interacts with her team, parents and students--which was quite engaging laced with the confidence--that only, Christ, could pour in to His children to carry out His will! I admired the phenomenal leadership style and the wonderful spirit of Dr. Lee! Dr. Lee, and, her outstanding faculty prayed in the open while holding hands in agreement to do His will...giving all praise, honor and glory, to God and asking for guidance and His grace before the orientation started! Dr. Lee and her team displayed a win/win attitude towards training up a child in the way, that would be pleasing to God! Also, I appreciated the fact, that every question I asked was answered with honesty and with confidence, leaving no room for uncertainty. The aesthetics of the school was an environment--that would make any student want to learn; cultivating a hunger to glean wisdom from every opportunity afforded to them, to aid them in soaring academically; becoming future disciples and productive members of the body of Christ, passing along their gifts and talents, which were preordained, within their awesome little souls! I was highly delighted to see a tree of knowledge in the classroom during the visit! That--in itself, spoke volumes to my soul! The parents of the students were awesome as well! They were very personable and helpful to me and just as encouraged to aid in the success of ECS--by being present and just as committed! I wholeheartedly recommend ECS; and, I wish them the very best,with their endeavors,!to make a difference in the lives of the many children, who are blessed and fortunate enough to attend!--Yvette M. Pleasants
- Posted by Parent - Pleas
I had two children attend Excellence Christian School and I am very pleased with the quality education they both received. My oldest recently graduated and attends Spelman College in Atlanta. She tells me all the time about how Excellence prepared her for college.
- Posted by Parent - mangr