- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 36 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,600
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Explorations Academy (EA) is our area's only fully-accredited independent high school and provides an experiential curriculum that ignites a passion for learning and inspires creativity, curiosity, and desire to learn in young people who are highly capable yet under-performing in traditional high school settings. It is our priority to encourage bright and capable, yet bored youth to excel academically and create opportunities for life-long success. We expose students to real life experiences to ensure that our students are well prepared to be tomorrow`s innovators, leaders, and engaged citizens.
- Committed to intercultural education, we have hosted international students for one or more academic years. Our school attracts students from southern British Columbia and we are close to a bus line that connects us easily to transportation from neighboring counties. Students also have traveled on international study/service expeditions to places as diverse as Peru, India, Thailand, Cuba, Kenya, Guatemala, and Indonesia.
- Our academic program is college-preparatory, interdisciplinary, and challenging. We offer an experiential approach draws students into the real world through field studies, guest speakers, and service opportunities that complement classroom learning. The curriculum is relevant to current events with small class sizes and integrated subject matter. Evaluation methods emphasize individualized performance assessments, self-reflection and demonstration of skills and knowledge and are not focused on standardized testing.
Endorse Explorations Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards